Tube dac 11 line seems to be failing

shadco

BT Addict
The line out on my td11 seems to be failing.

I have tube out connected to my fisher 400 and line out connected to my Mac mx113. I use the TD to deliver a turntable with external phono stage via line in, a sonos via dig coax in and a tv via opt in the either the Mac or fisher.

Last night I noticed very low output to the Mac via line out.

I powered everything down and followed the installation instructions to be sure everything was connected and powered up in the right order and that fixed the issue. Came home tonight fired up the Mac and same thing very low output on line out. Switched the Mac to tube out and everything is fine.

What could be wrong?

If you unplug the Fisher from the TD-11 do you still have the same problem with the Mac?

Yes and the problem follows the line out output, if I move the fisher to line out and the Mac to the tube out the output on line out remains really low.

So whether or not there is anything connected to tube out or not the output on line out is very low. I've also noticed a touch of noise over the last day or so that is coming from the td11 on what ever is connected to line out.

This configuration worked fine for over a year

Update it's the tube out that is hosed I don't read really well backwards so I will replace the nice bugle boy I had in there with the oe tube and see if that's it.

Makes sense withe the rise in noise and everything.

Glad you found it. I've noticed that my TD-11 sometimes isn't happy with two amps plugged in simultaneously but obviously a different problem in your case.

Glad you found it. I've noticed that my TD-11 sometimes isn't happy with two amps plugged in simultaneously but obviously a different problem in your case.

So I swapped the oe tube back in with the same result.

Wonder how they will treat a return.

I'll be contacting them today.

Back
Top Bottom