Time to unveil a new Yamaha V-Fet transistor, named 2SJ24A

The last time I contacted him(a couple of months ago),he wished to convey his best wishes to all at AK. :thmbsp:

Have you guys seen that there IS a fellow who is resuming the manufacture of V-fets for use in his own amps?

I can't recall the brand name(therefore it's not one of the Japanese Majors),sorry. :sigh:

Newbie to vfets

Hi Everyone,:thmbsp:

I have been reading this thread and some others with great interest as I have been bitten by the yamaha vintage vfet bug. I did purchase (2) B-2 amplifiers and was hoping that some kind members could direct me to an old thread that contains some necessary modifications before I power up. Any help would be appreciated.

I have seen the vintage knob site, but want more of a collective collaboration on the recommended modifications or upgrades as they may be.

Enough people here think that these are special so I would like to give them the same treatment and set them up for daily usage.

Please excuse my budding in here.:ntwrthy:

By the way, I am looking for and hope to find a B-1 some day too.:music:

Thank you for the welcome.

I shall search the forum. I like the idea of restoring and maintaining the older units and learning along the way. Modifying does get the creative juices flowing as well. I think my questions will be better served in its own thread?

Thank you again and I think this forum is great:tresbon:

Welcome Colby-dude to this thread. Congrats on the purchase of two B-2's.
I like to keep things all original. Yamaha added some features that present
more versatility. Over the years, the switches, relays become intermittent.
Just take time to clean them properly and they work great. Hope you find a
B-1 as well. Happiness always,
Klipschornman:music:

Amazing. Two new small VFETs in the last year. Will it never end?

C-2 has only two FETs. Both are in the power supply and are TR401 & TR402 (both halves of the power supply). They are 2SK30AY transistors. I'll google them and see what comes up.

Seems the 2SK30A-Y is a mil-spec n-channel JFET. Nothing particularly special. No other FETs in the C-2. But, has a very interesting phono stage design. Looks as if it would be a great candidate to update with modern caps and quieter/faster transistors. If it wasn't for those peaky NE06001/NE06003 ICs. Probably a pair of the Yamaha specific ICs.

Bump, sorry to try reviving such an old thread, but does anyone have information about the Yamaha NE06001/NE06003 & IG00135 chips? I'm looking in the guts of an otherwise happy sounding Yamaha C2 pre-amp, but with ass sounding Phono performance. Relays click, AUX sounds fine, +B & -B pretty much bang on, no visual damage anywhere.

Amazing. Two new small VFETs in the last year. Will it never end?

C-2 has only two FETs. Both are in the power supply and are TR401 & TR402 (both halves of the power supply). They are 2SK30AY transistors. I'll google them and see what comes up.

Seems the 2SK30A-Y is a mil-spec n-channel JFET. Nothing particularly special. No other FETs in the C-2. But, has a very interesting phono stage design. Looks as if it would be a great candidate to update with modern caps and quieter/faster transistors. If it wasn't for those peaky NE06001/NE06003 ICs. Probably a pair of the Yamaha specific ICs.

The C-2 has a dual JFET at the RIAA input stage also. See http://www.hifiengine.com/library/yamaha/c-2.shtml

Plz suggest any replacement for 2sk60 and 2sj18.
I have sony ta4650 amp bt defective output.. i want to replace that .
Plz reply.

Denney george.
India
The replacement would be same rank 2sk60,2sj18

Sorry, but there is no other replacement for these Sony v_fets

Plz suggest any replacement for 2sk60 and 2sj18.
I have sony ta4650 amp bt defective output.. i want to replace that .
Plz reply.

Denney george.
India
How do you know yours are bad or that this two are the only bad ones?

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Sirs, thanks to the help I received from you and other facebook friends, I expanded my search in order to restore my B-2. From what I saw in the searches I can use v-Fets yamaha 2SK76 / 2SJ26 and 2SJ38 / 2SK98 and Sony 2sj18 / 2sk60. That's right? any more compatible?
I have already met some candidates, but not yet on any trusted site or other non-china vendor ... Can any one of you help me by pointing out some site where I could find them? Thank you very much

The quickest way to utterly destroy a vfet amp is to attempt to repair it. Find an experienced vfet tech and get them to look at it.

Back
Top Bottom