Ka-9100 selector issues

Mr.San-Man

Just gettin' better
Well I have really been enjoying this amp the last couple days. All the pots, buttons and switches that I cleaned have been working great. Not a pop or scratch from any of them.
I was pretty proud of myself for a bit and then I started to hook up some other gear to it. Upon changing the source selector to phono the right channel dropped out. Turned back to the tuner and got it back. Tried phono again and lost it again. Then I tried moving the knob back slowly and at a point between the two the right channel came back on for the phono.
Thats when I realized that I never cleaned the selector. :sigh:
Looking at it from the top it reminds me of an elevator shaft with a little box that is moved up and down by a gearset. Does anyone know if it can be cleaned effectively from the top or will I have to seperate the dang boards to get at it?

Give it a good blast from the top .. and work the switch alot and leave it to dry in another position. These switches sometimes need several cleanings.

John M

Give it a good blast from the top .. and work the switch alot and leave it to dry in another position. These switches sometimes need several cleanings.

John M
+1 and those are easy to spray DeOxit in them too, (not enclosed type) :thmbsp:

Thanks fellas. I cant believe I forgot it the first go around. I did clean the switch on the back that many forget.

Back
Top Bottom