Cap voltage ?

evol

AK Member
Am thinking of a recap of my old Kenny KR 7400. The question I have is, how high of a voltage should one go to when searching out a replacement cap. Being a novice at this it would be nice to get some advice from the pro's on this site !!! RIP Joe Cocker.

For Electrolytics, use the same voltage or 1 voltage up. New caps are typically smaller so they'll usually fit.

Yeah, get at least the same voltage rating unless you know the originals were spec'd marginally.

When I was recapping an amp of a different brand I found the capacitance rating needed for some was only available in voltage two or three steps higher. Point being, don't be afraid to use higher voltage but as noted by Ths364, check the size information to see how they'll fit.

In some cases you may even want to go up a step or two or three just to get a better fit for lead spacing. The new caps can be quite a bit smaller in the same ratings.

Yep go with the same or higher .. they get larger as the voltage rating goes up. I use higher ones for the lead spacing like whoaru99 mentioned

John M

Cap's voltage.

Thanks guy's, think I will get myself a better solder gun and get to work !!!

Back
Top Bottom