Ka-3500

desertlizard

I missed out on a marantz but this integrated amp and tuner caught my eye, did a search under the radar was one comment, don't own any kenwoods but from what I've heard these are good, 40 wpc. I think my tendency is to pay too much a I see it I want it sort of thing but a clean unit just the same.
Thanks DL

Yep, I own one. A very nice, underrated amp. Small form factor, but there is big wampum hiding inside. Mine is currently at another AK members place for a thorough going over. They come up on the bay often, and are usually reasonable. If you get a chance, try one out.

KA-3500 was at the heart of my very first stereo. Always sounded good to me. I "upgraded" to separates about 4 years after I first purchased the KA-3500 and frankly the separates didn't sound quite a "musical". It's hard to completely remember the "sound quality" of the KA-3500, but I remember that it sounded very good. I chose it over the similarly powered Pioneer and Sansui units of that day (1977).

I am listening to one as we speak. Great little amp with more schwoop than its 40W rating would suggest. I love it. There are several of KA-3500 threads here.

It was bottom-of-the-line at the time, but don't let that put you off. No adjustable DC offset, pre-out, or speaker protection. None of these are deal killers.

Pre-out, sorry I don't know what that means. Ha
Ya haven't gotten it but serious consideration.
Thanks

Some amps allow you to disconnect the pre-amp section from the power amp section, usually by removing jumpers across plugs on the back panel. This allows you to run the pre-amp into different amps, and different pre-amps into the amp. It can also be helpful in isolating a problem in either one.

This is a nice, but not necessary feature.

Attachments

• pre out.jpg
    pre out.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 12
i have one of these and it's a sweet little integrated amp. Just recap it and you'll be rewarded with some sweet sound.

I'm going for it, very impressed with what I heard, plus I like the size of it.
Picking up next week, thanks for the input all.
DL

You have started down a slippery slope. I thought I could eat just one also. Now I have several... KA3500, KR4070, KA8006, a couple of tunas.... Enjoy that 3500. It is a sweet little unit. Wargo's (an AK sponsor) is out there in Enola, PA. He's got a few vids on youtube about the 3500.

KA-3500 was at the heart of my very first stereo. Always sounded good to me. ... I chose it over the similarly powered Pioneer and Sansui units of that day (1977).

Your story is nearly identical to mine. I too bought my first "real" stereo system in 1977 anchored by a KA-3500. Great little amp that served me well for nearly 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom