Kenwood Model 500 (supreme)

Duffalora

Just picked up a 500 (paid way too much for it but, really, how many of them are there down here in NZ!). Anyway, started the teardown before taking these pics but all the knobs are present.

Right, to start, its working completely fine -- no noise on any of the pots or switches and less than 5mv of DC offset on both channels.

But that's not a reason to leave it alone, so it's "new thread" time to get some recommendations as to what to order for a restoration (gotta get a Digikey order in before Christmas [and it needs to exceed $125 for free shipping]). I've already got the main caps and relay on my list. Are there any semi-conductors that should be changed?

Probably won't have much time to devote to this one until I get the house to myself in a couple of weeks (for a month!!), but please send through those suggestions.

Cheers

Attachments

• k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 66
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 71
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 78
  • k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 63
  • k5.jpg
    k5.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 66
Looks like the chassis may need some refinishing. I used Krylon dark gray hammer finish on one of mine. Good luck on your project!

First of, congratulations. I am a Kenwood 500 and a Kenwood 600 owner, and I love them!

Clearly, you are not afraid to dive right in. Excellent! Good luck with the restore! I'll be watching with great interest.

Back
Top Bottom