JVC A-K350 in protect mode

daer21

I have a JVC A-K350 that I got that I am 99% certain is in protect mode. However, I can't for the life of me find out how to get it out. Does anyone know?
Thanks,
Matt

Its in protect mode for a reason.Either DC voltage present at the speaker outputs,abnormal power supply voltages detected,failure in the protect circuit.If your familiar with trouble shooting "hot chassis",reading schematic diagrams,using basic testing equipment.Then first verify proper power supply function-Next verify there is no DC volts going to the speaker outputs,this may require making the measurement before the relay.If you detect DC ,start checking for shorted output devices ie. Transistors,Mosfets,hybrid chip amps,etc. If no DC is detected look for a problem with the "protect circuit" possible bad capacitors,transistors and/or chips.
If your not familiar with trobleshooting electronics......Take it to a Pro..:yes:

I'm larning *humor*. but in all seriousness there is no DC voltage at the speaker outputs. I did, however, find to burned out resistors in the section directly after the preamp. Also the main power relay in the amp section will not actuate. IF I force the relay to actuate then I get static, indicating that the amplifier circuits still are somewhat there. I'm working on gettomg tje tramsostpr testing working. I'm beginning to suspect an issue in the low level inputs. If I hook up a dub deck to it and set the unit to dub and I get a signal this should indicate that the preamp section is still functional. First I need to replace those resistors however.

Back
Top Bottom