Auto Renew ?

Beatnik

What's this ?
How do you know if the site will auto renew your subscription ? Can some one give me an answer ?

I use Paypal and do NOT set it to Autorenew for me.
Do you use a Credit card?

Never knew there was an auto option.
My subscription has lapsed twice, which was a pain because it instantly limited the number of messages allowed and instantly overflowed my inbox.

I foolishly allowed my subscription to expire this week. As you say, my inbox went over capacity.

The good news is, I renewed this morning, it was processed very quickly (thanks, Grumpy or whoever did that) and all my PMs came back.

I should probably switch it to auto, next time, though.

If you set your subscription to "Autorenew", then your paypal account sets up an automatic "Pre-approved Payment" in your paypal account, and every year, on the date specified, paypal will make your dues payment to AK.

If you go to the My Money section in your paypal account, and check under Pre-approved Payments, you, and only you, are able to edit/cancel the recurring payment.

Contrary to popular misconception, neither AK, nor I, can go in and shut that off.

This is in the User CP.

"Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed."

I use a separate account online for stuff, I just don't want to be unknowingly popped for cash. I can't remember if I went paypal or not.

If you didn't mail a cheque, you went paypal.

To be sure, go into your paypal account, and have a look.

600px-5th_08.jpg

Ecto Gammat!

Seems to me we do get an email notification prior to expiration ...

Back
Top Bottom