Who's the go to rebuild guy here for Fisher Tube stuff

audiobeer

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Is there anyone here on the boards that is accepting rebuild projects on Fisher tube stuff?

NOSvalves rebuilt my X-202B, and I am very pleased with his work, communication, pricing, shipping, etc.

Sony6060 (The Audio Alchemist) rebuilt my Fisher x101-ST - and he did a killer job! He totally rebuilt & upgraded the power supply and upgraded all audio coupling capacitors. He also added a power choke & direct input to power tube option (so I could use it as a stand alone power amp if I wanted to).

His turn around time was super quick, and what was extra cool was the initial phone consultation/conversation to find out what my musical tastes are, listening habits, speakers, preferred formats etc. to optimize the sonic signature of the amp. Really just above and beyond on every level. The results were awesome and he continues to be a great source of knowledge whenever I have a question.

:tresbon:

Sony6060 (The Audio Alchemist) rebuilt my Fisher x101-ST - and he did a killer job! He totally rebuilt & upgraded the power supply and upgraded all audio coupling capacitors. He also added a power choke & direct input to power tube option (so I could use it as a stand alone power amp if I wanted to).

His turn around time was super quick, and what was extra cool was the initial phone consultation/conversation to find out what my musical tastes are, listening habits, speakers, preferred formats etc. to optimize the sonic signature of the amp. Really just above and beyond on every level. The results were awesome and he continues to be a great source of knowledge whenever I have a question.

:tresbon:

A big +1 here. Sony6060 rebuilt my Fisher 800B and brought it to whole new level of sound. Everything Crestwood23 says here is right on. Before Sony did any work on my receiver, he asked me what kind of sound I liked and recommended quality tubes and caps based on my preferences. Right now, the phono section of the 800B is REALLY beginning to open up with the Brimar 12ax7s and Russian PIO caps.

I just bought a rebuilt Fisher 400 from Sony6060. Everything that Crestwood23 and jgannon said was true for me too. Excellent work and a great guy to deal with. I couldn't be happier with the sound I'm getting out of this Fisher--imaging and musicality is off the charts!

YOU !!

Come on ... you KNOW you WANT to ... jump in and get your feet wet ...

(Probably not practical advice when working with tube equipment, so forget that last part ...)

I found Larry to be very helpful along with the other long time members here, they helped me so I could do it myself. I think Fisherdude and a few others chimed in at times. My Fisher is now on its 2 year since I took what was going to be sold for iron to a nice presentable working amp.

Audiodon lives one town away from me. He recently did some upgrades on my 400 and I couldn't be happier with the performance improvements. He also happens to be a terrific guy too.

YOU !!

Come on ... you KNOW you WANT to ... jump in and get your feet wet ...

(Probably not practical advice when working with tube equipment, so forget that last part ...)

I really enjoy threads from folks taking it on their own - we all started with that first one. Lots of help here and a real sense of accomplishment when it's working. If you have the time and inclination I'd say go for it :thmbsp:

There really is a LOT you can do yourself. The resources here are invaluable. If you get in trouble, there will be someone that will help you out. I was always terrified to recap something until I was more or less forced to either do it myself or deal with shipping and another tech, etc. If you can change spark plugs and wires in your car, you can recap an amp. There's a great sense of accomplishment taking it on yourself.

If that's not in your comfort zone, then I'm sure there's someone here who will take it on.

There really is a LOT you can do yourself. The resources here are invaluable. If you get in trouble, there will be someone that will help you out. I was always terrified to recap something until I was more or less forced to either do it myself or deal with shipping and another tech, etc. If you can change spark plugs and wires in your car, you can recap an amp. There's a great sense of accomplishment taking it on yourself.

If that's not in your comfort zone, then I'm sure there's someone here who will take it on.

+1 True dat, true dat!

I would add, I have seen some personalities that are better off not taking a cover off anything electrical. There are potentially dangerous voltages inside and if your the type that is a bit hyper and doesn't like to listen to advice maybe it is better to have you find a professional. I have seen this before.

Whether this is a "you do it" task depends a lot on your personality and tolerance for living without it while you puzzle out some things. Plenty of helpful folks here and stickies at the top of the forum and even kits available to guide you through your first time.

Back
Top Bottom