Fisher rebuild kit..can a 500c kit be used to rebuild a 500b?

bayen

Hello! I purchased a Fisher 500c rebuild kit a few years ago...never had the time to do the rebuild and just recently sent the receiver out to be worked on. An acquaintance is interested in the 500c kit for his Fisher 500b...is the rebuild basically the same for both units? Thanks for the help!!

There will be some changes. You'll have to pull the schematics and go over both of them to find them. but right off the top of my head there shouldn't be too many.

Hello! I purchased a Fisher 500c rebuild kit a few years ago...never had the time to do the rebuild and just recently sent the receiver out to be worked on. An acquaintance is interested in the 500c kit for his Fisher 500b...is the rebuild basically the same for both units? Thanks for the help!!

Below attachments are rebuild kits I purchased from Jim McShane for both my 500C & 500B.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Complete Fisher 500C Rebuild List.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Complete Fisher 500B Rebuild List.doc
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
Below attachments are rebuild kits I purchased from Jim McShane for both my 500C & 500B.

Thanks for those :thmbsp:

I've used his kit for a 400 rebuild and it's very good - quality parts - and recommend them. They're probably not for a total beginner or someone who has little or no experience. It's good if you can read a schematic.

I would only suggest that a 'safety cap' be used to replace the death cap, i.e. C92 for the B & C103 for the C.

Back
Top Bottom