Hello Everyone. New bloke from the UK

Fish78

Hi all, mine name is Mike and I'm from a Town called Hinckley in England.

I came across this site quite often after googling various old Tuners, and thought what a great site it is so here I am.

I am new into the vintage audio scene, but I have admired it from a distance for many years.

I finally bought my first purchase recently, when I came across a Tandberg TR2030 sat looking sorry for its self with its mains plug chopped off. The guy wanted £30 for it.

After a blow out and a quick clean up I have to say I really love it. It sounds great and I love the front panel and controls. All I need to do is replace the red bulb for the tuner indicator, everything else works a treat.

Few pics:

0c55f3ea91feb28f582002e70ac7b545.jpg

91e8d58da5796913c85e84bf0f010849.jpg

9cec26e39779166f8c6c162c062adcae.jpg

Anyway... Look forward to spending more time on here, and to be honest I'm sure I will buy more equipment in the future, but at the minute I'm very happy with my (not so) little Tandberg.

Oh and if anyone could recommend a set of speakers that would work well with this that would be great. Currently it's running my mission speakers but I would like something a little more period.

Look forward to getting to know you better!

Mike

Welcome! and great first post with lovely pictures...you could start a new thread on that unit ...some more inside pic's would be great...we might be able to help you tweak it also...:yes:

Hello and thank you for the great pictures. I am owner of the bottom of the line (TR200) and of the top of the line (TR2080).

Enjoy your Tandberg!

:)

Welcome to AK! Tandberg makes some very cool receivers. Good question about the speaker match. I think most period speakers would sound great, but I've little experience matching with Tandberg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom