Today's SOUL Playlist

Shalamar - Circumstantial Evidence

isi74Cy.jpg

GOOD EVENING FELLOW GROOVERS!!!!

Waves is on a "Shalamar" roll....

Of ALL the Shalamar Albums I have, I have "Big Fun (1979)", "Love For Three (1980)", and "Friends (1982)"

Otherwise, I have Howard Hewett's Self Titled Album (1990), and Jody Watley's "Looking For A New Love on a !2" Single (1986)"

--Charles--

Last edited:
Now Up Tonight!!!!

Marvin Gaye -- What's Going On -- Tamla (1971)(Vinyl)

Side #1: "What's Going On"; "What's Happening Brother"; "Flyin' High (In The Friendly Sky)"; "Save The Children"; "God Is Love"; "Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)"
Side #2: "Right On"; "Wholy Holy"; "Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)"

Album Gatefold On Display On Album Shelf

One of the MOST INFLUENTIAL AND MOST SIGNIFICANT ALBUMS of OUR TIME AND GENERATION...

#1 R&B Album Back In 1971!!!!

Volume Higher Than Moderate (But Not At "Friday Night" Levels)..

--Charles--

Last edited:
Hey Charles,

"What's Going On" is a great album! :thmbsp: I think that's my favorite album by Marvin. :yes:

I think that's everyone's favorite.

It's his best album in my opinion, followed by "Let's Get It On (1973)"(maybe).

But "What's Going On" was a SMOKER back in 1971. The song was so bad, Donny Hathaway did a LIVE version (which I have as well) the VERY NEXT year.

--Charles--

I think that's everyone's favorite.

It's his best album in my opinion, followed by "Let's Get It On (1973)"(maybe).

But "What's Going On" was a SMOKER back in 1971. The song was so bad, Donny Hathaway did a LIVE version (which I have as well) the VERY NEXT year.

--Charles--

"Let's Get It On" is another good one! Don't forget "I Want You", another classic! :music:

But I also got "I Want You (1976)" as well. I played mine right after I joined the forum. Didn't you play yours last week??

--Charles--

Yes, that's correct, good memory! :thmbsp: Teach said that the album cover on "I Want You", is the same artist that did the painting for the "Good Times" tv show.

Tower of Power: LIVE Hipper Than Hip. Lenny Williams on lead vocals, this was recorded live in front of a small group of people and it is just a great example of just how powerful this band was back in the day ( 73,74/75) about the time period Back to Oakland was released. This is a very raw unpolished under produced live 2 CD set that rocks. its perfect to my ears
I found it only a few days ago and am soooo very happy I picked it up on just a whim for $3.00

Last edited:
PW - Funkin' a Shalamar Concert tour for us! Wow!

Loved them & "Dead Giveaway" was one of my fav' cuts by that group. Funky tune!

Charles - Ole Marvin is always played 'round here!

vga - Welcome to our little "Soul" haven & looks like you'll fit right in with that entry! TOP was something special!

Rome

GOOD EVENING FELLOW SOUL GROOVERS!!!!

Hello "vga911s".... I'm Charles.... I like your system.... great system you have there.

ANYWAY!!!!! FIRST UP TONIGHT!!!!!

Donald Byrd & 125th N.Y.C. -- "Love Has Come Around" -- Elektra (1981)(Vinyl -- 12" Single).

Volume Higher Than Moderate (Like Last Night)...

This is a TIGHT SELECTION.... ALL THE WAY AROUND.... THIS ONE HAS IT ALL!!!! DRUMS, INSTRUMENTATION, HORN SECTION, AND VOCALS!!!!!

Disco In It's Twilight Stage....

--Charles--

NOW UP!!!!

Rose Royce -- In Full Bloom -- Whitfield (1977)(Vinyl)

Side A: "Wishing On A Star"; "You Can't Please Everybody"; "Ooh Boy"; "Do Your Dance"
Side B: "You're My World Girl"; "Love, More Love"; "Funk Factory"; "It Makes You Feel Like Dancin'"

Volume Higher Than Moderate (KUBE Engaged.... Contour Control Set To 2dB)....

--Charles--

Hey Charles,

I really like Donald Byrd! :thmbsp: That's an excellent Rose Royce album! I think that's my favorite one.

The Packers won tonight!

Cool Breeze - WooHoo! :D

Charles - Yea, DB & The Blackbyrds were something special. "Rock Creek Park" is a toe-tapper!

Rome

Back
Top Bottom