New England AKer Winterfrankenfest is GO for Saturday March 3rd in lovely Clinton, MA

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
The Winterfrankenfest get together is a GO :banana:!

Saturday March 3rd, 2012
At Franks shop-
55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks (kinda like Alice's Restaurant but not in an old church).

As usual we'll start around 11AM and we usually go until around 6-7PM.

One change this time is that the landlord has reduced the size of Frank's available space.
There is now a wall dividing the front half of Frank's space (by the windows) so we will now enter through the loading dock. The hallway and Peter's back area will be available.

I thought the last event went quite well with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards. Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend. All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio and some basic personal hygiene standards :scratch2:.

JimB

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend. All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio and some basic personal hygiene standards :scratch2:.

JimB

Does that mean I have to put on clean underwear this time?

I'll be there as far as I can see.
Maybe time for another try at taming the office room? Got a bigger baffle curtain to minimize reflections in it.

Sounds fab. I expect that my level of obsessiveness will be once again dwarfed by this crowd.

I'm thinking of bringing my under-$100 computer as a source, which can play 192 KHz/24-bit high-rez files through its Asus Xonar sound card. High-rez files which I have so far are:
1_allemande_vytas_sriubikis_flute_24_bit_96_kHz_original_recording.wav
2L-074_stereo192kHz_01.flac
2L-077-stereo-192kHz_02.flac
2L38_01_192kHz.flac
2L50SACD_tr01_stereo_192kHz.flac
2L53SACD_04_stereo_192kHz.flac
3_sarabande_vytas_sriubikis_flute_24_bit_96_kHz_original_recording.wav
7041888513520_01_13_192kHz.flac​

I think that last file is actually the phone number for the OCD clinic.

I've penciled this in. I now have a year+ of the AK experience and I'm a little less (or is it more?) dangerous than before!

Some swap stuff I'd be interested in:
Speaker wire, not your basic RatShack 16 ga (for those who believe it makes a difference), roughly 25'
CDP/SACD
300B tube amp (can be a project, to keep price down)

Rob

I think I can be there. Let's see, what SHOULD I (try to) sell? What will I PROBABLY buy? The law of diminishing returns. Or diminishing cash...

--Dan

I sent about 60 PMs to the usual suspects - if you notice some newbies or infrequent posters from the area please give them a heads-up PM.
This one should be every bit as grand as our last one back in the fall.

I think that last file is actually the phone number for the OCD clinic.

Yeah, it is... I have that same number on my speed-dial... :D

This sounds like big fun... I'll do my best to make it up there (less than two hour drive, and that's according to Google Maps, which takes you the sponsor-rou.., I mean the scenic-route on purpose...).

The Winterfrankenfest get together is a GO :banana:!

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio and some basic personal hygiene standards :scratch2:.

JimB

Can you define the second part? :scratch2:

Can you define the second part? :scratch2:

We've already covered this. Clean underwear, or at least turned inside-out, and they must be worn on the INSIDE of the pants. If there is any question, I can send you some pictures on how it's done.

This might be a little soon to talk about food, but I'd like to go on the record for a pot of chili-soup. Cook-off anyone?

Back
Top Bottom