NOS dial lamps for some Fisher models

I have been playing with LED, but not fully satisfied. Those small square LEDs just does not get enough brightness nor have the correct light spectrum to equal the original filament lamps. I used two off white & two yellow at maximum current.

I will have to build another pair using standard LEDs and figure out a holder as fuse glass is too constrictive size wise.

Sorry guys, guess I wasn't thinking even after reading all the poor reports that it could be that same guy. I only saw it as "vintage" lamps with a pretty picture!

Next time I'll just ask here if I do need any parts. The info already received for my TX restoration is beyond value!!

I have been playing with LED, but not fully satisfied. Those small square LEDs just does not get enough brightness nor have the correct light spectrum to equal the original filament lamps. I used two off white & two yellow at maximum current.

I will have to build another pair using standard LEDs and figure out a holder as fuse glass is too constrictive size wise.

Thanks for the link to the NOS lamps.

I just ordered two LED replacements for my Ambassador this morning after looking for incandescent lamps. Well, I guess I'll judge for myself when they arrive

I'll keep the old lamps and do LED replacements, just to learn how to

Last edited:
I got my LED festoon lamp replacements.
I had to break a small piece of plastic off the lamp holder in order to get the new lamps to fit. The new diameter was larger than the original lamp

Now it reveals just how dusty the dial face is

I am not going to clean the whole dial face, just the part where the eye tube is

LED's work good enough for me

Back
Top Bottom