Any Way To Get Rid Of FM Muting On TM-1 Tuner Add-On Module?

feinstei

AK Member
If there are any owners of the TM-1 tuner module.... Is there any way to adjust the FM muting on the TM-1? I want to hear inter-station noise and be able to hear weak stations so that I can adjust my antenna rotor. Is the FM muting threshold adjustment accessible by one of the adjustments on the face of the module?

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can give.

You can get rid of the interstation muting on the TM-1 by pulling the TM-1 out from the host pre-amp and then covering over pin 4 on connector J25 (the middle plug with 7 pins on it) with a piece of black tape. By getting rid of the inter-station muting, I can now tune in weaker stations. Of course, it doesn't "seek" any more, but I'd rather be able to pull in the weaker stations from Chicago (about 70 miles away as the crow flies) than have the convenience of "seeking".

Actually, the TM-1 is a pretty cheezy piece of hardware. It's tuner is based on the very cheap Sanyo LA1837 AM/FM tuner chip and the design of the surrounding circuitry is "lifted" straight from the Sanyo datasheet.

Actually, the TM-1 is a pretty cheezy piece of hardware. It's tuner is based on the very cheap Sanyo LA1837 AM/FM tuner chip and the design of the surrounding circuitry is "lifted" straight from the Sanyo datasheet.
I think the MR8073 and MX130 use the same module. I opened the module in my MX130 and changed ceramic filters. Can you tell from the schematic if the TM-1 has the equivalent of a four gang front end? The printed specs of the MX130 are actually pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom