Panloc rod repair/replacement

ManhattanUp

So the rear end cap on a panloc rod popped off an MC2105---it's also gone lost. I'm wondering how this gets repaired/replaced.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

I'd check with Audio Classics for a possible replacement source - that's who I'd be calling!

Cheers,

David

Hello

You need to "restore" the hole of the "fixing system" because nothing will stay in place if it is not hold by the small "pin" going through this hole

You need a specific tool to repair that .

AUDIOCLASSIC should have the "hat" (round part) but the PIN ....?

Yes: by 'rear end cap' I meant what you called the 'hat'. My suspicion is that this was pressed on with some special tool. There's no hole in that end of the rod. The 'button' end however is pinned and perhaps the button can be removed and put on to a new rod/hat assembly.

My suspicion is that this was pressed on with some special tool.

it is not pressed , it is hold by a very small "pin" going through the shaft at the end (opposite side of PAN-LOC black knob on MC2105 )

This small "pin" is at 90° from the shaft axe and if it is broken you can't see the hole because it is full by the hart of this "pin" !

If you take a lens or make a zoom on it , you will see it !

My suspicion is that this was pressed on with some special tool.

This small "pin" is at 90° from the shaft axe and if it is broken you can't see the hole because it is full by the hart of this "pin" !

If you take a lens or make a zoom on it , you will see it !

So it would seem that the replacement would require getting the rod already fitted with the 'hat' and then removing the black button (which is pinned as well but it seems removable) on the spring end, installing the new rod, then fitting the black button back on again.

YES

This is the exact procedure ! :thmbsp:

don't forget that there is two different length of PAN-LOC .

Long and short . MC2105 is the long one and for example C26 is the shortest

Found a local gunsmith that could press out the remains of a broken pin, not cheap but then it had to be done.

McIntosh only has the cap (what they called the cup, part #003-436) for sale and that's without the retaining pin. So even if I do as Mr. Dewickt suggested might be possible (find a gunsmith to press the old pin out) I wouldn't be able to fit the new cap the rod on unless I also figured out what to use for the pin. Maybe some very stiff steel wire or even a snippet of a shaved down paper clip.

Meantime I did check on the Audio Classics website and they list a couple of parts that might help me out but there's no picture or description:

001-001 "Panloc Rod"
043-885 "Panloc Rod Assembly"
114-015 "Panloc Rod Pins"

I'm thinking a call or email is in order. Is there someone there I should specifically talk to?

Michael

Back
Top Bottom