MPI 4 degrades sound quality?

Mossback

I have a stock MC-2105 and MX-110Z members here have been very helpful in my search and choices. Thanks again! :music:

My question;
I'm thinking of adding an MPI-4 from Audioclassics to this setup simply for cosmetic reasons.
From my research the signal path from the preamp would pass through the MPI-4 then to the power amp. I think this would slightly degrade the sound quality. Would I be able to split the output and run one cable direct to my power amp and the second one to the PMI-4?
Oh the other hand this gear is used in our living room mostly used for TV sometimes DVD's so I'm not looking for some kinda ultra high end outcome. It
would be nice to know ahead of time what you guys may have experienced.
Thanks Mossback (Dan)

The MPI 4 just samples the signal, the signal does not go thru a stage in the MPI-4. That applies to line level and speaker level. If you want just wye the output of the MX-110 and send the cable to the mpi- 4 and amp separately. Same thing. Because of the high output impedance of the MX-110 you want to use very short high quality low loss cables between the three units. One pair of so so cabels will cause more minor issues than the MPI-4 ever could. I have had mine for years since they were first introduced. I had to have the tube and calibration controls replaced a few years ago. But it is a s good as new now. Knock on wood! Thanks to Audio Classics.

Back
Top Bottom