JVC QL-Y5F DD TT & Denon DL110?

3kitty

For you JVC folk out there what do you think of this cart for it - the DL110?

Like it or not?

Thanks.

With the electronic damping it will work fine. The electronic damping on the JVC, Denon and Sony TT's pretty much opens "Pandora's Box" as to what will work. I have yet to find a cartridge that won't work with one of those arms. I have four TT's with those arms and so far anything works fine.

With the electronic damping it will work fine. The electronic damping on the JVC, Denon and Sony TT's pretty much opens "Pandora's Box" as to what will work. I have yet to find a cartridge that won't work with one of those arms. I have four TT's with those arms and so far anything works fine.

Thanks! I see you use a 301 also. I love that cart and have one on my Denon deck. I just wanted to keep the cost down on this a bit.

It will work great on the JVC tonearm and for a budget HOMC choice, I recommend it for most good Japanese brand 1/2" mount turntables almost as a default choice. It works well on most all of them. Mount, set thy overhang carefully, and balance and set tracking force to around 1.8 grams and enjoy the music.

^^^^^I kinda thought so based on what I have read but I thought I would confirm.
Thanks!

As stated I really like my DL301 so staying in the family made some sense to me
and the 110 gets terrific user reviews.

But for the $150 mark are there any others I should be considering? I have the
option of running both MM and MC carts - using a Luxman L-450 Integrated.

Thanks.

I have nothing to say but good things to say about the 110. It's the first cartridge that made my jaw drop when I first heard it. HUGH sound stage and very well defined mids and highs and very tight bass.
Denon has recently raised their price on this cartridge to MSRP $299. from MSRP $139., which I think is going to tank their sales of this cartridge.
It's a great cartridge, but when you get into another price range, users are going to look at other options.

I don't have a JVC like that but I do have a Denon DP47F with Denon's servo tonearm and the DL-110 works magnificently on that one.

It's a shame that the DL110 costs $300 now. It's still worth it, but at $100-130 it was the best cartridge bargain out there.

I think Denon was wrong by allowing this BIG of a price increase on the DL-110. I am also upset they discontinued the DL-160 a few years ago.. Shame on you Denon.

Another good choice with that arm is the Acutex 312 from the Italian seller. About $78 delivered. When I had mine set up in the main system I used a Pickering XV-15 with NOS Stanton D6800EE stylus and loved the combo, though those styli are long gone.

So I grabbed a 110 from a local Hi-Fi shop for $159 - I'm looking forward to getting it installed and aligned properly and giving it a spin.

Back
Top Bottom