Anyone not happy with magic eraser?

davidro

Lunatic Member
Frankly I liked the old brush dipped in alco smelling thing better.
The white stuff just won't brush off some dust.

It has worked perfectly for cleaning my toilets and sinks (Magic Eraser); totally satisfied.

For stylus cleaning: Onzow ZeroDust

I found that ME was sometimes pushing debris up the cantilever, not removing it. (Using the dip method with cue).

LAST stylus cleaner is working great for me. In between LAST cleanings I simply use the dry brush method.

Just dipping the stylus in and out vertically?

That's what works for me. I don't use ME as my regular cleaning method, only for really scuzzy styli on newly acquired cartridges. I use the old Discwasher SC-2 or just a stylus brush for regular maintenance.

John

It has worked perfectly for cleaning my toilets and sinks (Magic Eraser); totally satisfied.

+1

You know all the home brewing around here especially cleaning records make me not want to buy in BT.:no:

I use nothing but...

audio-technica-at607-stylus-cleaner-liquid.jpg

That's what works for me. I don't use ME as my regular cleaning method, only for really scuzzy styli on newly acquired cartridges. I use the old Discwasher SC-2 or just a stylus brush for regular maintenance.

John

I do the exact same thing as John. :thmbsp:

One thing about liquid stylus cleaner is it can creep up the cantilever and damage the suspension of a good MC cartridge.

In other words not all cleaning methods work well on all cartridges/stylus.

Just recently converted from magic eraser to a Last stylus brush and the difference is night and day. Magic eraser really didn't work for me either.

When using a liquid, you need to be sure you wipe the brush on the bottle well before you clean.. you just want it damp to grab the crap.. Been using it for years and never had an issue..

I use a combination of MagicEaser, Moongel, and a brush. I haven't had any issues and the $10 or so cost sure beats the alternatives!

I clean records before playing them so never get much stylus buildup, other than vinyl dust. For this, the ME seems to work as well as anything else as the buildup is minimal if you keep after it. Am I missing something?

+3 (or was that 4?) for Zerodust. I used a ME for a long time, even tried cutting super tiny wedges and lightly scraping the sides of the stylus, but still had gunk buildup. First time I used the zerodust, one plunk down and a huge wad of crap was pulled off that the ME never got. I'm convinced the ME was just pushing all the crap up farther onto the stylus.

Back
Top Bottom