Need EMIT-R Tweeter

bcking

Need to replace an EMIT-R tweeter for Kappa 8.1 Series II speakers. The tweeter part # is 902-7206. The diaphragm or entire tweeter assembly are no longer available from Infinity. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have an Infinity search for ebay. Tweeters, EMITs, are hits 4 out of 7 days a week. You need to know which you are looking for.

I can't help you on what the prices are as I haven't been interested in them.

Need to replace an EMIT-R tweeter for Kappa 8.1 Series II speakers. The tweeter part # is 902-7206. The diaphragm or entire tweeter assembly are no longer available from Infinity. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Any Emit-R from any of the Kappa X.1's will work as well as the ones from the
Cressendo line.

Keep an eye on the bay and c/l. The CS line come up on the cheep some times.
I just bought a set of CS3006 for less than what the Emits go for on the bay.

(Its all ways good to have extra parts)

-Vic

arnt all the EMIT-R the same? Its used in a lot of speakers. ofcourse the later kappa's, but also in the newer cheaper refference series, and even in the infitesimal 4 i own. lots of them on ebay, and they are not very expencive. If there is nothing on ebay.com there is enough on the german ebay (ebay.de)

Or are there diffrent types of EMIT-R?

If the problem is that the electrical traces on the tweeter diaphragm are shorted, have you considered doing a cheap repair using a car rear window defroster repair kit? If not and don't feel up to it, send it to me and I'll give it a go. I managed to repair two burned EMITs in a $5 set of Qa's I picked up at a thrift. Still have plenty of the repair material left. PM if interested.

Posting a wanted ad in the AK classifieds is free and may get results, posting in the open forum for parts is strickly forbidden btw.

eBay is your friend, as EMIT's pop up for sale all the time. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

If the problem is that the electrical traces on the tweeter diaphragm are shorted, have you considered doing a cheap repair using a car rear window defroster repair kit? If not and don't feel up to it, send it to me and I'll give it a go. I managed to repair two burned EMITs in a $5 set of Qa's I picked up at a thrift. Still have plenty of the repair material left. PM if interested.

Super old post I know, but could someone link me if there's a thread to this method?

Super old post I know, but could someone link me if there's a thread to this method?

Not sure if there is a link. What i did (and many others) to several older style emits is paint over the broken traces with rear window defoger repair paint from an auto parts store. They must be taken a part to do this. This was just a stop gap measure. Problem is though they work the resistance is changed from say 3.5 ohm to maybe 6 or 10 or even greater. You must try to only paint the broken trace and not let the paint bleed over into other working traces, that is what will change resistance. Not sure if that will work for the emit r but if it is not working what do you have to loose. Or the Emit r and the like are cheap enough on ebay just switch out the diaphragm into your frame so they match.
Jim

Not sure if there is a link. What i did (and many others) to several older style emits is paint over the broken traces with rear window defoger repair paint from an auto parts store. They must be taken a part to do this. This was just a stop gap measure. Problem is though they work the resistance is changed from say 3.5 ohm to maybe 6 or 10 or even greater. You must try to only paint the broken trace and not let the paint bleed over into other working traces, that is what will change resistance. Not sure if that will work for the emit r but if it is not working what do you have to loose. Or the Emit r and the like are cheap enough on ebay just switch out the diaphragm into your frame so they match.
Jim

Thank you, Sir. Something to consider anyway.

I bought several pairs of emits, including emit-R, all between $ 45-60-85 a pair (the most expensive were the emit-R because I couldn't wait, they were for a customer, and I took the "buy now" option instead of bidding)

Back
Top Bottom