Steel mesh in Polydomes ?

Speaking of the redesigned polydomes, I kick myself for not keeping a pair of 8.1s I had.
I knew they sounded very very good but naive bias, thinking the earlier models were somehow superior, tainted my better judgement.

Last edited:
Thats interesting tubed .. Had you everside by side compared the first series to . 1 ? Or was this just an incorrect preconception . I purchased my 6.1s without hearing based only on family heritage and the fact that I had heard and lusted for the original k 6 many moons ago .( Although when I first saw the 6.1 not knowing the .1 series existed I was smitten by their looks ..). I know there are strong opinions based on sealed vs port .... and this can lead to :bash::

Bills speakers and those are both very handsome, I like them. I ended up going a completly different direction.

After stripping the cabinets and removing the diffraction strips, (tough to clean in place) I used the Krylon white fleck stone stuff,but taped the front baffle off so it's still black. Surprisingly the first one came out quite nice, I wasn't sure how it would work but it looks really nice. I still have a ways to go.

I'm taking pics, so I'll share before and after when their done.

That sounds cool . Definately going to need pictures :banana:
SIDE NOTE : Yesterday I decided to do " Exploratory Surgery " on my polydomes . I was hoping I could get in and clean the dome w meguirs . but the clips are soldered and i didnt want to mess them up so I closed up and just enjoyed the beautiful music ..
pics por favor :lurk::lurk::lurk:

Listnnthdark...
When you were speaking with Bill (Miller Sound) during your Kappa 6.1 re-foaming, did you happen to ask him about our Polydomes? I'm wondering if he has a replacement dome that he installs or if he preforms the Meguiar's clean-up & restoration process? :scratch2:

:beerchug:

Listnnthdark...
When you were speaking with Bill (Miller Sound) during your Kappa 6.1 re-foaming, did you happen to ask him about our Polydomes? I'm wondering if he has a replacement dome that he installs or if he preforms the Meguiar's clean-up & restoration process? :scratch2:

:beerchug:

Bill replaces the dome and reuses everthing else. Talk_Louder just had his done. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=610313

Never heard them but I would bet they are at least as good as new. Bill doesn't mess around.
Jim

Thats a good question " duffer" No but in last few days after thinking I was in for cleaning the domes and being rebuffed by soldered terminals I have been thinking of sending him aphoto of my domes and ask for his advice . To treat with meguirs ( if hes at all familiar with it )( I treat the outsides once in a while ) or just leave as is and hope for best knowing that if dome cracks ( god forbid ) he can replace just the dome ..Hes avery helpful guy and Im sure hed be happy to share his thoughts . for all we know he may caution against applying any such products :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom