GW SCORE! JBL L250s

Kilowatt915

Great find today at Goodwill. Woofers need new foams, small dents in mids and highs dustcaps. After doing some research on the Internet, it sounds like my Pioneer SX-1280 won't be able to do these justice. But still a great find.

Wow, maybe the ultimate GW speaker score of all time? The 1250 is alright for the time being, but 300 wpc + is the way to go. I'm running 700 and it really opens them up.

Unbelievable score!!
get those surrounds fixed properly first, and have at it!
Kudos to you!

I paid 59.99. And donated the penny to make it an even 60. Surrounds are on the way along with replacements gaskets for the tweeters. The crossovers are insane. I'll probably need some help from the AKers when I start messin with these. The grills are in great condition but I think I'm gonna replace the fabric just to give a newer look. Missing one emblem, get that on epay.
The back states that the speakers are L250 but all the speakers are from the Ti upgrade. Not sure what that's about. Either way I can't complain.
I'll definitely update this thread when everything is hooked up and I drop the needle on some John Martyn, Bluenote and other fine records.

Wow, maybe the ultimate GW speaker score of all time? The 1250 is alright for the time being, but 300 wpc + is the way to go. I'm running 700 and it really opens them up.

I've read people's suggestions and it looks like I'm gonna have to drop some doe to really get these jbls shining. Should be fun.

I paid 59.99. And donated the penny to make it an even 60. Surrounds are on the way along with replacements gaskets for the tweeters. The crossovers are insane. I'll probably need some help from the AKers when I start messin with these.
The back states that the speakers are L250 but all the speakers are from the Ti upgrade. Not sure what that's about.

You didn't have a 20% off coupon? :D

in Arizona we get them online.

If they have the 044ti tweeter & 104H mid in them they might have had the JBL upgrade that they offered back in the 80's for L250 owners. The crossover would be upgraded with that and it cost something like $800 for the kit. They will sound great with the 1250 let alone bigger amps.

Last edited:
I listened to 250Ti for years with a G-9700, I doubt my neighbors thought it was too little. :D

You didn't have a 20% off coupon? :D

in Arizona we get them online.

If they have the 044ti tweeter & 104H mid in them they might have had the JBL upgrade that they offered back in the 80's for L250 owners. The crossover would be upgraded with that and it cost something like $800 for the kit. They will sound great with the 1250 let alone bigger amps.

Those are the ones.
Now that I think about it, I could have got a 25% discount for public servant day but I was so excited to pay the 60 and get the hell out. :banana:

Wow, conrgats to you!

My wife and I regularly scour Goodwill, Salvation Army, Habitat re-store, and all the resale shops within a 50 mile radius and have done this weekly for a few years now. Not once have we found a single piece of audio gear worth more than $5.

I would have been thrilles to find those for $600.

Wow, conrgats to you!

My wife and I regularly scour Goodwill, Salvation Army, Habitat re-store, and all the resale shops within a 50 mile radius and have done this weekly for a few years now. Not once have we found a single piece of audio gear worth more than $5.

I would have been thrilles to find those for $600.

I'm an avid record collector as well so if no audio gear is available I head to the used records and find some gems once in a while. My mom collects glass so I look in that section to. Thrifting is definitely tough. But fun and sometimes very rewarding.:thmbsp:
Keep on pushing brother.

Unbelievable find! I'm happy these got to somebody who will restore them and treat them right. Much work to be done, but more than worth it. A good friend of mine has 250-Ti versions powered by an old BMG pro amp (an under the radar outstanding amp). It's absolutely stunning.

Unbelievable find! I'm happy these got to somebody who will restore them and treat them right. Much work to be done, but more than worth it. A good friend of mine has 250-Ti versions powered by an old BMG pro amp (an under the radar outstanding amp). It's absolutely stunning.

I'm open to any amp that's gonna bring these JBLs to life. Thanks for the suggestion. Now my question is, do I use these for the TV or my audio room. Obvious answer would be audio but I love seeing my boy light up when he sees his movies with great sound. :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom