Record Bin From single 4 x 8 Sheet of Plywood - Plans

Thank You!

Awesome! Thank you sixty8goats!

I found this thread a few weeks ago. Purchased the $60 birch, had the store cut it. Should not have as the guy pushed the saw so fast it jammed and the edges were splintered and crooked, didn't know until after purchased how bad that was. Purchased a plywood saw blade, cut the rest myself, sanded, edge banded, stained, drilled, assembled, disassembled, glued and reassembled, finished the screw holes with plugs, it is now ready for shellac finish. This one will receive only metal furniture feet.
Here is my pic, our media room, the bin and some records.
attachment.php

Please overlook the gaps, this was caused by the cuts made at the store.
Many records, more than bin can hold.
The bin is actually for our antique booth and it is modified to support our jewelry glass cabinet that is also 30" wide and 10" deep, hence the different look at the top.
It is awesome, very strong, well thought out, economical and very appreciated.
Again, thank you, Dave and Lynn.

Attachments

• record_bin_mosiac.jpg
    record_bin_mosiac.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 981
My bin

Found (and joined) this forum while looking for plans to build a decent bin for my vinyl. Finally got around to building it and filling it up this weekend, 100% inspired by this thread to get it done. Thanks everybody!

Attachments

• finished bin.jpg
    finished bin.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC08019.jpg
    DSC08019.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 537
Hi I know I'm not an active user here and nobody knows how I am but I still wanted to share the LP bin I built today since I used the plans from this topic and modified it a little bit to fit in my small living room and It still just needed one 4x8 plywood but I made it a little bit narrower (15 3/4) instead of (20 3/4)

anyways here it is :)
IMG_2475s.jpg

Zoom +
My son gave me that 'Men at Work' LP. Quite nice. I'm headed to Home Depot again.

Bought the wood. 3/4" Birtch/Maple Shop Plywood. Drove down to a buddy's house in Petaluma to start the process. This guy know's wood and has the tools. I had to head home before the HOV lane shuts down to beat the traffic so didn't get much done other than a bit if BS. Didn't work. The traffic was at 10mph @ 2:40. Go figure. I try and avoid being out on the freeway much after 1:00. Won't happen again in the near future.

Getting ready to have a friend help me do this. What page is the best version of the cut list on? Want to do it with casters, no drawers. Do most just sand down edges or put veneer on the edges?

We used the list on the first page. This is screwed and glued. there are supports under the slelves. Needs a few holes plugged, sanding & painting. This came out perfectly square. Many thank's to Joe the woodworking guy. Sharp as a tack.

Last edited:
One coat of paint. I used birch iron on trim to cover the ply on the cut ends. The wife made me do it.

Need another one. Many thank's to Joe the wood guy. A speaker build's in the future.

I was so glad to find this thread. I built one from the original plans and then modified for more capacity. I managed to get 2 three level bins out of 3 sheets of plywood.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 610
I was so glad to find this thread. I built one from the original plans and then modified for more capacity. I managed to get 2 three level bins out of 3 sheets of plywood.

Mine look like that my buddy helped me. Mine are posted several pages back. It's a great design I am so thankful these plans were here. Welcome they look great.

Thank you for your pictures, I studied them carefully before making these. I am willing to share my cut sheet but it is just a pencil draft.

Homemade

Here is mine. Its a beast and has a 2 x 4 frame.
0209131530_zps437588ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have since put some retro grill covers over the bottom storage compartment. As you can see this rack is full and I do need another

recordrack_zps459f3245.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got around to darkening up my draft so it would scan. This is for 2 trilevel bins. The first cutsheet is identical cuts on 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood. The second cutsheet is for 1 sheet of plywood. It will have to be modified if you only want to make 1 bin. People without height constraints for where the are placing the bins might want the whole thing to be a little taller, say 57 to 60 inches, to allow a little more headroom on the bottom shelf. They fit my space and I can easily browse the bottom shelves, but I could see adding an inch or so between shelves if I had room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom