Picked a pair of Pioneer S-T500?????

7miles

Anybody ever heard of these speakers. I tell you there isn't a lot of info out there. I can tell you they are about 75 to 80 lbs. each. About 45" tall. 1" tweeter, 4"mid Two 8" woofers one of them firing out the back..
They sound pretty FREAKING good. Very impressed of this unheard of Pioneer.

Any info would be great

Got them in a large trade involving many different pieces. But I can tell you this. These speakers just sound so smooth and they seem very effortless in musical reproduction. I am simply at a loss on how they have all but flown under the radar. :music::music:

Those look real sweet. How much did you play for them?

Nik

My son has a pioneer with the same cabs, oNY his has 1 twitter and two 6.5 woofer. Sounds pretty decent.

Down here in NZ we only had the smaller brother the ST300 available. Great sounding speakers. Those ST500s look like lesser versions of the TZ-9 speakers pioneer made. Great condition and with a decent source/amplification...great sound im sure.

From what I am finding out. They are very close to the TZ-9

Down here in NZ we only had the smaller brother the ST300 available. Great sounding speakers. Those ST500s look like lesser versions of the TZ-9 speakers pioneer made. Great condition and with a decent source/amplification...great sound im sure.

And for the drivers

Rear woofer

Mid-range sorry could not get a good photo of the front with the grill on it, and I didn't want to take off

Tweeter

Front woofer

I picked up a pair of these they came attached to the base.

They sound good but I think a complete driver and crossover upgrade would transform them. The cabinets are very heavy and with the stands they are just about impossible to move. The stands are original pioneer stands. I tried uploading the pic with the serial number but it wouldn't allow me to upload more than one pic.

As my first speaker project, I'd like to do a complete upgrade driver and crossover. Can anyone tell me how to go about getting accurate internal dimensions and what software I could use to model the speaker for a good selection of new drivers.

Thanks,

Nik

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 49
Wow Nik....That sucks. Mine sound outstanding. The only thing I have to make sure is to keep them at least 24" off the wall for the best sound.

I picked up a pair of these they came attached to the base.

They sound good but I think a complete driver and crossover upgrade would transform them. The cabinets are very heavy and with the stands they are just about impossible to move. The stands are original pioneer stands. I tried uploading the pic with the serial number but it wouldn't allow me to upload more than one pic.

As my first speaker project, I'd like to do a complete upgrade driver and crossover. Can anyone tell me how to go about getting accurate internal dimensions and what software I could use to model the speaker for a good selection of new drivers.

Thanks,

Nik

Why do you feel that they need to be upgraded? From what I've read they are some of Pioneer's better speakers. Have you spent a lot of time listening to them? Did you try them with different gear? A crossover recap could be all that's needed to bring them back to their former glory.

I think you're right. I messed around with the placement yesterday and it made a lot of difference the imaging is much better now. new caps would help too. But I'm going to hold off and give these guys sometime. I feel they were sitting around without being played for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom