Tannoy Ardens

silvernutsaq

Visiting Martian
A buddy of mine is moving and has a set w/385a drivers, they are in good shape but haven`t listened to them yet. I like my Gold 12s in Mallorcan cabs so far, just wondering what the difference besides deeper bass. Will the mids be looser, highs more defined? If they needed refoam in future I have another friend who is a good tech, I`ve seen his speaker work. Whaddya think, go for it and sell later if I don`t like `em?

just my opinion, I have had a range of Tannoy's over the years silver gold and HPD all 12 inch. I used to monitor with a set of 15 HPD and I liked the larger Tannoy better than the smaller ones I thought they gave a more realistic sense of stage and image. Just my nickle on the topic. I doubt that you will be sorry. Best regards Moray James.

Well I grabbed the Tannoys yesterday after hearing them matched with a Mac 6200 and was thoroughly impressed. Can`t wait to set them up in the main room- I bet they will sound as big as they appear. :yes:

Congratulations - you have bought a nice pair of speakers.

I have pair of Tannoy Arden. They have a spacious and natural sound - you will not be disappointed.

Imho they need a little power to control the 15 inch woofers.

Back
Top Bottom