Restore or update boston acoustics a60?

djeclypse

I have a very nice pair of a60s series 1 except one of the tweeter is balky. Nowadays it doesn't work more than it does. The cabinet wiring is fine as I've switched the good and bad tweets from cab to cab and it is the tweeter. I have a parts cabinet series 2, but the tweeter is different. Do I swap the working series 2 tweeter into the series 1 cab or try to find a working replacement? If I swap will I kill the cabinet as it would entail a drill and hole saw? Recommendations?

Do you have the old round funky looking seas tweeter. H253 or H241L?

:worthless

The Funk! :D

BostonA70tweeter.jpg

Last edited:
That's a SEAS brand tweeter and I would search ebay and buy a used one off of ebay. Dont go replacing those tweeters to different brands. :no: Stick with the original.

I'd say you have some nice A60's. Keep them 'original'.

That's a SEAS brand tweeter and I would search ebay and buy a used one off of ebay. Dont go replacing those tweeters to different brands. :no: Stick with the original.

I'd say you have some nice A60's. Keep them 'original'.

Thank you. I tend to agree. I also have a set of series 2 that my dad bought new in 86 or so that sound as good or better than these series 1. They have the boston cft3 tweeter. When I swapped my spare into the series 1 for testing it did sound similar, although a bit brighter. There is someone claiming that the hhscott 206d tweeter made by Tonegen is the same as the a60 tweeter. Thoughts?

So I pulled the trigger on the Tonegen tweeter and lo and behold it is a perfect match to the original in size, fitment and most importantly sound.

Back
Top Bottom