DCM TF600's thrift store find

Plomaman27

SparkJockey
Good deal? I picked up a pair of DCM TimeFrame 600's at a local salvation army store for $60 bucks. They didnt sound too good at first but I found the lamp fuses were blown so I replaced them.... now they sound unbelievably good! These have 2 woofers each and 3 tweeters each. Cabs are in good condition but one of the speakers needs a new sock or grill cloth.

Did I get a good deal?:scratch2:

That's a great deal. One thing to know about them is that they are 6 ohm impedence so make sure your amp can handle them. If not it's a good reason to upgrade. I had a few different integrated amps all about 90 to 100W driving mine (TF-600) and than I picked up a Carver system with 250W output. I thought those speakers sounded good before but behind the Carver setup they really came alive. I absolutely love them. There is a strong following on here, do a search.

BillWojo

That's a great deal. One thing to know about them is that they are 6 ohm impedence so make sure your amp can handle them. If not it's a good reason to upgrade. I had a few different integrated amps all about 90 to 100W driving mine (TF-600) and than I picked up a Carver system with 250W output. I thought those speakers sounded good before but behind the Carver setup they really came alive. I absolutely love them. There is a strong following on here, do a search.

BillWojo

BillWojo you wouldnt have a set of lamp fuses for these would you? I was told by another AKr that you might.

Buy a lottery ticket because the chances of winning is about the same as finding good gear in thrift stores because they became too popular.

Check all the tweeters. They have a tendency to blow. I can't remember how many there are total but I believe there are at least two rear firing ones...

that's a deal, but it didn't happen if there's no photographic evidence.

Good point... total cost $60, two fuses, and a new sock i made myself for $10 worth of speaker cloth... all tweets work. Excellent sounding speakers for my Sansui G-7500!:music:

DCM TF-600's.jpg DCM back view new sock.jpg DCM crossover label panel.jpg

Looks like I might have to resock the other speaker next...

Great deal on a damb fine sounding pair of speakers, I had a pair awhile back and was blown away at how good they sounded.

Back
Top Bottom