CR-2040 dial question

michigannick

I have a 2040 but someone while cleaning it burnt some holes in the dial itself.. or rubbed them in with years of cleaning whatever the cause, I am wondering if any of the CR-x40 series share the dial or if the 2040 is just longer than the rest?

Nick

it's unique. I have a 1040 that I could compare to my 2040, but pretty certain the 2040 is longer.

Last edited:
bummer for me .. the face of this thing is flawless other than those couple rub marks right on the dial .. maybe if i am careful i can match some model paint to hide it a bit

I cant imagine that I will see these dials pop up very often

Last edited:
Yes i know I have read some of your posts and you have done some impressive ones ... very helpful

Nice to know that kind of talent is not far away! (i am north east of Detroit by lake st clair)

that is nice and close. I'm in Port Huron on a semi-regular basis.

slow jazz that may be a good idea .. i have seen some grey glitter pens that may just be the thing

But NO ONE tell ANYONE that i am buying glitter pens

Hey lookie there another guy from within 50 miles of the city ;-)

I hope to stop by the hobby store on the way home and maybe pick up a grey glitter pen and see how close a match it is, as long as its fresh i should be able to get it off should it be highly undesirable.

I will try something like a Gelly Roll® Metallic™
or
Pentel® Sunburst™ Metallic Gel-Ink Pens, Medium Point, Silver
or
Sharpie Paint Marker Pens Water Based Ex Fine Point 6 Metallic Colors Kit

My thought is i may have to get a sample match it up visually then once i decide on the closest match, bust the pen open and paint it in place as i dont think the pen will "roll" out the ink like on paper

Back
Top Bottom