which one ?

The power difference is negligible, and both use "power-packs" vs discrete output transistors. Both sound pretty good for "mass market" amps. The price seems very much on the high side for either, unless they have been recently serviced and are in very good cosmetic condition. If so, and if you are willing to pay at the higher side of the market, choose the one that looks best to you. Note the unusual rear panel of the SX-650...some folks like it, some don't.

I'd go for the 780. You get power meters and IMO, the x80 series is much better looking in general.

$150 is a bit much for a non-serviced example of either, although Pioneer stuff does seem to pull a huge premium - especially online. If it's $150 and serviced, might as well go for it because you won't find it cheaper.

I saw a non-serviced but clean 780 for $85 the other day and would've snapped it up if funds allowed.

thanks guys , yes both really clean , appreciate input

The power switch on the 650 also is part of the speaker selector rotating to the right. This is a known problem and is not an easy fix. The 780 has a separate power switch. If everything else is equal, I'd go with the 780.

I was just going to mention that. I've had two, still have one, and both had the issue. If the dial lights flicker on start up, that's a dead giveaway.

Back
Top Bottom