70's Solid State in TV and movies

asciibaron

I've been interested in 70's solid state for a few months now and have been enjoying learning about the various makes and models. The other day I was struck by seeing a Sherwood 7100A in a TV show (no speakers in the room) and then I saw a Pioneer 850 in a movie. Then I started seeing them where I never noticed them before.

I never realized how common place the 70's receivers were as props. It adds another dimension to this great new world I'm discovering. :thmbsp:

I was watching Varsity Blues the other night and noticed a vintage silverfaced receiver in the locker room. Like you, I've started noticing them a good bit.

Most recent spot: Was watching a newly acquired DVD last night,namely "Blood From The Mummy's Tomb" (a 1971 UK Hammer film) and to my surprise I spotted a Sony TT with matching speakers.

Recognized a Benjamin 1050 compact stereo in Too Close for Comfort a while back. Old TV show from the 70s with Ted Knight and some really foxy girls. One of the girls puts on a record, bounced the tone arm across it. Pretty high quality compact with Elac German turntable and fairly high powered USA (?) receiver, EMI English speakers with that setup. (I have a 1045 so it kind of jumped out at me)

Back
Top Bottom