Twangfest is Twanged out.

I can look into that suggestion. There is a place in Lenexa. If you want to hold it outside in a barn that can be done anytime, in Olathe.

Other than that I might consider my house, but, it won't be anything like at Jays. It's just a house, not a temple of audio/tubes. I don't have any where near as understanding a wife! But she does allow me some leaway every once in a while.

I can look into that suggestion. There is a place in Lenexa. If you want to hold it outside in a barn that can be done anytime, in Olathe.

Other than that I might consider my house, but, it won't be anything like at Jays. It's just a house, not a temple of audio/tubes. I don't have any where near as understanding a wife! But she does allow me some leaway every once in a while.

Do tell. I'm up for renting a place or whatever. Any idea of what it would cost?

Russellc

While it is just a little hot, unless you enjoy 105+ but anyone have any ideas about rentals? They would need to be A/C equipped and affordable, preferably with a floor that can be hosed off...(Just kidding)?

Russellc

I've had a few PM's about spring Twangfest, but I have to be a bummer and say there won't be one. As of right now, it doesn't look like there will be anymore Twangfests at all. Sorry guys.:thumbsdn:

Was it something I said?

:scratch2:

Well, got some encouraging word today - the business park where I work at, in Lenexa, has a few places empty. I enquired and so far am getting the right response. Don't have an exact date yet but told them for a Saturday and Sunday, if needed. Away from other businesses and we would clean up afterwards. Just need spaces, preferably with 4 to 6 rooms, no furniture (we can provide chairs and tables), need electricity of course, etc. I am to call and confirm with them next week. Don't know yet whether they are going to charge anything but am pushing for free since we have been here for a long time.

If there's any interest I will keep pursuing this space. In Lenexa, KS., very near I35 and 87th street. Holiday Inn very nearby and if I remember right Kris got a hell of a rate there last time.

Kurt

Hmmmmmmmm Twangfest in the Park......cool. I guess word needs to go out to all about interest. Maybe a separate thread for "Interest Headcount"? Given sufficient time, we always got a pretty good number. Be nice to see some of the guys from earlier Twangfests again. Jay, you in?

Russellc

I need to say thanks for the few I made it to. It was great to meet you and the other ak'ers.

I am still planning a trip out there for a few other reasons, so you may have to put up with me one more time.

Back
Top Bottom