Kenwood KR-6060

gort69

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Kenwood KR-6600 (KR-6060)

Hello,

I've searched and hunted for a picture of a KR-6060, the European dark(er) faced version of the KR-6600 and have had no luck. Even a Google image search turned up nothing. I've seen photos of the KR-9060 and KR-7060 and I really like the look. I'm only assuming the KR-6060 exists because the cover of my service manual lists it in parentheses next to the KR-6600. I've been playing my KR-6600 lots lately and am very impressed with it. I also own a KR-7600 and a KR-9600. If anyone has a KR-6060 and can post a photo I'd be grateful.

Also, did they make European versions of the 2600, 3600, 4600 and 5600?

Thanks, Al

Last edited:
I should have a KR-6060, beside a 7060. Among those receivers I still have to restore.
These are the onliest receivers of this series with the special front color.

Thanks for the info - nice to know that they actually exist. They seem to be somewhat scarce.

49030-0_5.jpg
http://www.springair.de/images/articles/3/32/326/49030-0_5.jpg
from google picture search ..there is a couple more too .

Thanks Pete-

I just did another Google image search but removed the "-" from KR-6060 and found that. Interesting....

Interesting also - to me anyway - the the models destined for Europe have all of the writing on them in English. Wonder what the plug on the power cords look like - isn't most of Europe 240v?

Last edited:
Most of the units have been delivered with the so called Euro-plug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europlug

At least from 1975/76 on. Before it has been the below mentioned Schuko Plug. Currency has been for decaeds in most European countries 220V. Years ago it has been harmonized to the official rate of 240V. In fact most of the European power plants deliver 230V as an average.

Thanks for the info-

Digging around a little more I found a completely different KR-6060 - seems lt's later than the one I was asking about. Interesting that they would have given two completely different units the same model number.

I only know this one under KR-6050. May be it has been in fact a print fault.
Tried to ask the seller for the name of the model on the back. But got this from ebay:
"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

Back
Top Bottom