DC folks - Dead Can Dance At Wolftrap

You know I am... that would be a good show to make for sure..

I ordered tickets the other day for the Iron Maiden show.. not to see them, but to see Alice Cooper. I figure it may be one of my last chances to see him.. He's getting up there...

The final schedule is not out but here are some bands that may be of interest:

George Thorogood & The Destroyers

Steve Miller Band

Al Green

Ben Harper

Crosby, Stills & Nash

The B-52s
Squeeze

Steve Winwood

one more to add for you. Gonna be making this one..

Jimmie's Chicken Shack in Sterling.. April 7th, at Mahalo Cove.

A eatin/drinkin indoor place... I'll be there!

So I'm sure you're going to Dead Can Dance David? Would be cool to see, but mentioned to Marcia about B52's and she liked that idea too...

Wish they'd had more acts like this at Wolftrap when I was working summers in the concession stand there!

John

Dead Can Dance date is so far away......I don't know what I'm doing 2 weeks from today! It's a possibility....I'll keep it open!

QFT, they are amazing live!

Some free tunes at http://deadcandance.com/

And it is rare to find them playing live in the states. Last time I saw them was an intimate venue but Wolftrap is a blast. You can bring your own booze to the show and have a picnic while the band is playing. I know it is a long way off but I am 99% sure I am going to this one.

B-52's I would be into this one as well James. I have seen them before at Wolftrap and they are always fun.

I'm unfamiliar with Dead Can Dance. I may have to catch up with their music and add the show to my summer schedule if I like it. Buddy Guy & John Mayall sounds pretty entertaining too.

I don't know if I want to see her again this summer, but k.d. lang was absolutely superb at Wolf Trap about 10-12 years ago. Al Green could make for a romantic evening, I bet.:boink:

I am a big time DCD fan, have most if not all their CDs as well as Brendan Perry's solo work. I am heading to Google to see if they are coming to the So. California area.

The only US stop? Hope they add other shows, I saw them a few years ago at the Hollywood Bowl, great show and sold out so there is an audience on the west coast.

hhhmm.. Since this is their only US show, I think I might need to make a special effort to go... Just got so many other shows and trips lined up this year... especially in Aug. it seems..

Back
Top Bottom