Antique Wireless Association 2003 Meet

Kamakiri

The New Dynamic
Lots of pics to come....

Here was the scene upon my arrival, at around 230 AM....nobody's up yet :)

This Transvision had a $300 price tag, with all the paperwork. Saw somebody ended up taking it home.

So what did I get

After all of about 6 hours of nonstop walking, I ended up with a pretty battered McIntosh MC40 for $150. Prices this year haven't reflected the recent huge drops we've all been seeing, and sadly a lot of vendors I think will end up walking away with the stuff they brought.

I probably would have ended up with more had there been anything I really had to have, but there wasn't unfortunately anything of that category in attendance today.

The piles of Fisher and Eico gear that I saw there last year just weren't there....in all reality it was probably the worst meet there in the 7 years I've gone.

Well maybe it was a good thing everyone didn't show up. As for the amp, are you going to rebuild it or what?

Now here's the clincher. I was told it was an MC40, but it's not. It's a McIntosh A129, 75 watt monoblock with push-pull KT88s. Audio Classics has a rough one for $1995.00 :eek:

Maybe I'll make out okay after all :D

Originally posted by Kamakiri
Now here's the clincher. I was told it was an MC40, but it's not. It's a McIntosh A129, 75 watt monoblock with push-pull KT88s. Audio Classics has a rough one for $1995.00 :eek:

Maybe I'll make out okay after all :D

Congrats on the BigMc Tim! Mono appears to be coming back in as there seems to be a lot of interest in monoblocs these days. ;)
How about pics of the beast.

Thanx for posting pics of the meet. It sure looks empty there compared to the last time I went 4 years ago.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom