Finally replaced my beloved Yam CR-3020

Rrroberts40

Just received that CR3020 that I bought on Ebay last week...it replaced the one I bought new in 1978 or 79 and sold in 1998 to my brother. I have been trying to get it back from him for 4 years as he doesn't even have it connected to the Khorns I also sold him in 1998. My old one was in very good condition still but this one from Ebay is in even better shape and has the nice condition owners manual with it too. The seller packed it very well...I had even emailed him to request a great packing job and he came through...it has a 1/4 inch long small dent on left top of the case but otherwise is excellent...may be able to steam it out...not sure I want to try.

Last edited:
Wow ! ! There are so few cr3020 that come up for sale and to get one via the auction site at that price....I would say that you did very well indeed.

I am covetous of the Owner's Manual and wondered if I could persuade you to either scan or photocopy same and share a copy with me .... I would be pleased to cover any expense plus S&H ect plus, plus.... You can PM me.

Thanks

Cr3020

Superdog,
I went the way of more exotic (expensive) gear much of which I still have and will use over the CR3020 for the most part...it is kind of a back to the old days move for me...I had many a get together and did many weddings etc. for my friends with that CR3020 and the Khorns....so it will be more of a trophy and shelf display but I'm sure it will get played from time to time. Among my group of buds at the time it was a pretty famous piece of gear along with the horns...many bloody eardrums (laugh) were left in their wake...you can push a pair of Khorns pretty hard with 160+ watts...

Last edited:
If it's the one that recently went for just over 1/2 of what I paid for mine back in January, although it's near museum condition, you've done very well.

Congrats on getting such a nice CR-3020. I was looking at that one and was thinking about trying to get it but I decided to bid on another receiver instead.

Glad an AK'er got it! Congrats!

Deoxit on the 3020

Played the 3020 tonight for the 1st time...works and sounds pretty good but the volume pot and the 4 tone defeat etc. buttons need some spray...I guess what I am asking for is tips getting into the switches and pot to spray without a major disassemble of the face of this unit...merrylander are you out there?? Plus I remember hearing the tuning knob should be at one end of the scale to keep from snaging it when removing the case...it is tough enough removing the wood from this monster already.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. Iha1992 thanks for not making it more expensive...

Last edited:
Sorry, but getting at all the controls is not simple and a faceplate removal may be necessary.

tucker the owners manual is on the AK Yamaha manual site.

Back
Top Bottom