2014 is here- is ak fest happening???

bktheking

Gitter Done!
:scratch2: Inquiring minds want to know....gotta book the time off soon if it's happening....

Last edited:
I know it's a ton of work for Grumpy et al to put it on, and the two I've attended were both awesome, but, yeah, unless they were to schedule it for a time significantly later in the year, I don't see how they'd have time to pull it together for April.

I thank Grumpy for the shows in the past, and I can completely understand why it might be off the radar map for this year.

Both AKFests I've attended have been a couple of the coolest things I've done audio-wise. Just thinking back to the Salk room a couple of years ago.... WOW!!!!

We should invite Grumpy out to a dinner/lunch and see if we talk him into doing do a combined SMAC/AK learning audio/party/fest in 2015.

I think we have the SMAC learning audio part covered.

Not a bad idea. Maybe SMAC volunteers can receive discounts on admission, rooms, apparel, etc.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

I'd be happy to be a minion, if it meant making it happen.

Happy SMACpalooza Listening!:beatnik:

I'm guessing that ship has sailed. Too bad, what a blast I had. AXPONA, RMAF or ??? anyone?

AXPONA will be here in the Chicago area from April 25-27. It's different compared to AKfest but is a few hours' drive or a short flight away, and according to show organizers attendee ticket sales are double last year's so far.

2014 fest

A 2014 fest could happen. It seems a fest happens every two years. 2010 and 2012 and maybe this year.

Someone mentioned to take out Grumpy to lunch and suggest a fest with the SMAC. Now that is a possibility. And don't forget to get Grumpy real drunk so he does not know what he is signing for.:D

P.S. Get SMAC to up front some money.

A 2014 fest could happen. It seems a fest happens every two years. 2010 and 2012 and maybe this year.

Someone mentioned to take out Grumpy to lunch and suggest a fest with the SMAC. Now that is a possibility. And don't forget to get Grumpy real drunk so he does not know what he is signing for.:D

P.S. Get SMAC to up front some money.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think that could easily happen, but without a peep from Grumpy, there will be no AK Fest IMHO. Maybe we can recreate some of the magic in the future on our own.

Back
Top Bottom