First Kenwood.

xwarp

I've bought Pioneers, Marantz, Sansui, and several other very common brands, but this is the 1st for Kenwood of this nature.

Could not pass it up for the price. Might be worth the refurb it's going to take.

10 bucks for KR-9050.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is the TOTL for Kenwood of that era and the last of the breed before they dropped their quality to the primarily black look hardware. I've seen that unit for over $1k in good working order. I have the same line in a KR 8050 (one step below yours) and love it. It's a beautiful unit and we'll worth restoring. They are underrated in both power and performance. My seasoned tech had nothing but good things to say about mine when I had it serviced. The only problem I've had with mine is in the tuner section, but I don't listen to radio anyway... Great score!

Last edited:
Orion Blue Book 2005 says...
Made 1979-82, List $1150
Looks like the Galaxy Commander ($1250) took over TOTL from this one in 1982.

Bet she looks pretty in a dark room...

Damn! $10???! :drool:I have been in so many Goodwill's its not funny, and I haven't found a deal that can remotely touch that. Congrats; thats a great find. It would definitely be worth a restoration. Enjoy your luck, and your monster!

Looks like you'll need to straighten a few toggle switches. But if that's all it takes... what a great find! Congratulations. I envy you.

Back
Top Bottom