Morrow Audio MA1 ICs

I'd really like to install a set of PH1s on my TT, but for now I'll settle for the 2 pair of MA1 I bought tonight. The AQ Evergreens are going on the wife's new (vintage) system. If I feel confident in my ability to describe the difference between the two brands I'll post my thoughts here.

I told a friend about Morrow and he stopped by Mikes house since he was on business near Cincinnatti. He called as soon as he left saying that Mikes reference system was the most 3D/ magical yet realistic thing he has ever heard.

It is a nice system. I heard music through it for a couple of hours and then Mike gave me a pair of interconnects as a gift.

I bought three of these cable on BT. I'm very pleased with them. Thinking of switching all of my cables over to Morrow and then forgetting about cables and ICs for awhile...

I bought three of these cable on BT. I'm very pleased with them. Thinking of switching all of my cables over to Morrow and then forgetting about cables and ICs for awhile...

That's what I did last year. Really haven't given a thought about it since.

I bought half a dozen of the MA1s a few years ago when they were on sale for $30. These were the ones without the black outer sleeve.

They're slightly on the lean side of neutral but for $30 (now on sale for $40), easily recommendable for anyone who wants budget ICs. To my ears, and in my systems, they're not as good as some Chord or Kimber cables. But then again, those cables cost as much, if not more, for a single pair versus all six pairs of the Morrow.

Last edited:
Which has me really wondering what a system using nothing but the MA3's would sound like! I've got one pair, I just need 2 more including a pair for the turntable.

Which has me really wondering what a system using nothing but the MA3's would sound like! I've got one pair, I just need 2 more including a pair for the turntable.

I upgraded my PH3 Ref Phono cables for a set of PH6 Grand Ref phono cables....so I suspect the PH3 will hit the used cable section soon. It was during the trade up sale Mike ran a couple months ago.

I have a set of MA3 from Phonomena II pre to NAD, need to upgrade those to MA6.

Don't tempt me! I've gotta go slow right now, I just got the Pro-ject turntable. But what were your improvements going from the 3 to the 6?

Don't tempt me! I've gotta go slow right now, I just got the Pro-ject turntable. But what were your improvements going from the 3 to the 6?

Well...pretty sweet!!! Detail, retrieval, harmonics, quietness. The ST has opened further than with PH3's. Everything has a real nice full flavored sound....
Morrow is running a trade in sale right now, full value on your cables for a trade in...I could not pass that up and just placed an order for a set of MA6 I/C to replace my MA3.
The MA6 will go from Phonomena II to the NAD, that should get me further up the sound chain with the PH6.

I'm done on the analog end after that.....:yes:

The MA6 is a serious interconnect Catcher, will you please post your impression vs the MA3 ;)

Absolutely Phil.......as you know the Morrow cables need a good 80 hours of breakin time. So it will be awhile before I have a good impression to share

I have a 1 meter pair between my amp and preamp and l14 gage lamp chord for speaker cables and even I catch myself noticing how open and clean and multi dimensional the sound is coming from my LSiM703's. I probably should invest in a pair for my TT and speakers. Though I'm considering making my own using CAT5 to experiment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

MA6 Grand Reference I/C

I received my new set of Morrow Audio MA6 I/C yesterday......I have a lot of experience with Morrow cables and I know the breakin steps, these cables take between 80-150 hours to come into full bloom.

I traded in a set of MA3 for these MA6, these will go from my Phonomena II to the NAD amp, replacing the MA3. I have a set of PH6 Grand Reference Phono cables so the match should be really good.

I connected the MA6 to my NAD CDP, just to get a quick listen....OMG immediately I heard a huge step up in everything. Especially the lowend, became big deep and with power. The mid range was very pronounced and natural, the highs were much clearer and a nice crisp. I really enjoyed what I was hearing.....I then put in the MA3 and I could for sure hear a difference.

Then I put the MA6 between my GF TubeDAC11 and the NAD, played some digital files and again...WOW a huge improvement in SQ.

Finally I put the MA6 in their final home, Phonomena II ---> NAD amp, tonight will spin some vinyl.

I know the next 20 hours will sound great, then 20 to about 60 hours MA cables tend to sound bad...After 60 hours they return to full bloom and settle in to their wonderful sound, sometimes its close to 100 hours. Since these are very heavy, beefy cables I am planning on 100 hours.

What this has done is made me want to replace a couple MA1.1 for at least MA3 or if I can MA4 cables.

In a few months I hope to have another update on the MA6 Grand Reference.

Cheers and happy listening! :music:

Nice move.
I've been enjoying my MA3's for a while now. Been thinking about moving up the chain for speaker cables soon, just for fun.
Interested in your impressions.

I received my new set of Morrow Audio MA6 I/C yesterday......I have a lot of experience with Morrow cables and I know the breakin steps, these cables take between 80-150 hours to come into full bloom.

I traded in a set of MA3 for these MA6, these will go from my Phonomena II to the NAD amp, replacing the MA3. I have a set of PH6 Grand Reference Phono cables so the match should be really good.

I connected the MA6 to my NAD CDP, just to get a quick listen....OMG immediately I heard a huge step up in everything. Especially the lowend, became big deep and with power. The mid range was very pronounced and natural, the highs were much clearer and a nice crisp. I really enjoyed what I was hearing.....I then put in the MA3 and I could for sure hear a difference.

Then I put the MA6 between my GF TubeDAC11 and the NAD, played some digital files and again...WOW a huge improvement in SQ.

Finally I put the MA6 in their final home, Phonomena II ---> NAD amp, tonight will spin some vinyl.

I know the next 20 hours will sound great, then 20 to about 60 hours MA cables tend to sound bad...After 60 hours they return to full bloom and settle in to their wonderful sound, sometimes its close to 100 hours. Since these are very heavy, beefy cables I am planning on 100 hours.

What this has done is made me want to replace a couple MA1.1 for at least MA3 or if I can MA4 cables.

In a few months I hope to have another update on the MA6 Grand Reference.

Cheers and happy listening! :music:

Now we talking... Btw I replaced a custom made by Virtue Audio power cable for the MAP1, can't wait to see the result.

Last edited:
Now we talking... Btw I replaced a custom made by Virtue Audio power cable for the MAP1, can't wait to see the result.

Please post your impressions...my next thought is replacing the NAD stock power cord on the amp. It actually is a nice cable so I suspect I would have to jump to the MAP3 cord.

Morrow has a 60 day return policy

Nice move.
I've been enjoying my MA3's for a while now. Been thinking about moving up the chain for speaker cables soon, just for fun.
Interested in your impressions.

The trade up program is perfect for doing this...Talk to Mike, he is very accessible and will work with you. And the Easy-Pay is too legit!!

Back
Top Bottom