L&M Electronics in Daly City, CA for Amp Repair?

Any SF Bay Area audioheads out there?

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place (was looking for "modern day" SS amps) but I have a Classe CAP-101 with a faint buzz/crackling in the highs coming from my right channel. I've been trying to find a place to get it fixed and the 2 small local shops I've contacted both referred me to L&M Electronics in Daly City. They are an authorized service center for Arcam, McIntosh, B&O, Yamaha, and Tascam, but not Classe.

There are only 3 dealers in the area, which appear to be subsidiaries of the same company. I believe they would send the unit back to Classe for repair, which I could do myself, but I would rather avoid the long turn around and high cost of going back to the manufacturer.

Anyone heard of, or have any experience with, L&M? They have 3 Yelp reviews, which are pretty positive.

BTW I know it's the amp. I've swapped inputs, cables, sources, speakers, even rooms.

Thanks in advance!

Any SF Bay Area audioheads out there?

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place (was looking for "modern day" SS amps) but I have a Classe CAP-101 with a faint buzz/crackling in the highs coming from my right channel. I've been trying to find a place to get it fixed and the 2 small local shops I've contacted both referred me to L&M Electronics in Daly City. They are an authorized service center for Arcam, McIntosh, B&O, Yamaha, and Tascam, but not Classe.

There are only 3 dealers in the area, which appear to be subsidiaries of the same company. I believe they would send the unit back to Classe for repair, which I could do myself, but I would rather avoid the long turn around and high cost of going back to the manufacturer.

Anyone heard of, or have any experience with, L&M? They have 3 Yelp reviews, which are pretty positive.

BTW I know it's the amp. I've swapped inputs, cables, sources, speakers, even rooms.

Thanks in advance!

I have a 33-year-old Teac RtoR deck that has been to L&M twice in its life for tune ups. I've also had an McIntosh tuner in there about a year ago. I was very happy with the experiences and everything is fine.

So I can recommend the shop. Given that, you might just call them and see if they'll work on your Classe.

L&M has been around at least from the early 80's maybe earlier. I think they've always been a McIntosh warranty station. Hell, they used to be an SAE warranty station.

Thanks for the replies. I took the amp into L&M over the weekend. They charge $50 for diagnostics and put that money towards the job if you decide you want the repair done. Fair enough. I hope they can fix the problem without breaking the bank!

would never go there again ever

Ok but who are you? All your doing is to sign up on sites to bad mouth a company because you think you have the power of the pen.

LOL
They just fixed my MC275 Mk VI, almost out of warranty mac picked up the service charge and I couldn't be happier with the service and turn around time.

By the way your MA5100 is needing restoration not just a quick fix. Cleaning and making a unit perfect would cost a lot more than a 3 hour service charge.

dropped off a McINtosh MA5100 with one dead channel and messed up noisy dysfunctional pots across the front

$375 later the one side did work and the pots were all still trash

Two year old thread. But, since it has been bumped....

My MC 2102 is still working fine. L&M was successful with the burning resistor problem. Later, I was able to fix on the meter by cleaning and tightening the lugs. What was the problem with your MC275?

Last edited:
Two year old thread. But, since it has been bumped....

My MC 2101 is still working fine. L&M was successful with the burning resistor problem. Later, I was able to fix on the meter by cleaning and tightening the lugs. What was the problem with your MC275?
I have two of them and bought at two different stores a week apart. One of them would go into protection mod easier when the system was driven hard. After about 34 months the amp would have a hard time reseting till it didn't at all.

L&M told me they'll look at it in about ten days. Also if it's under three years to get them the receipt and I did, they expedited with mac and called me in five days and said my amps ready. I asked him what was wrong and he said he found a loose solder joint and fixed it. So far so good, it's been about three months now.

Back
Top Bottom