What TT's do you folks have

I am sure I have posted this table before, but since it is back in the line up and I so love this table here it is again :) I know the broken cueing on this series makes them fairly undesirable but it is a truly great table... And the beauty of a mid Seventies table....Nice!! It's running a Denon DL-160 cartridge. Too bad those are gone now too.

no good pics at the moment but the daily driver currently has been:

Teac PX-300 DD turntable from the late 70s (parents old TT purchased while in the military)

waiting in the wings while we fix it up cosmetically and look for a tonearm rest for it (sigh). awaiting the new headshell for it also which is in the mail - JVC QL-7 DD turntable.

I have a Technics SL 3300. It is fully automatic yet keeps pretty good time. It was given to me in the nineties by the owner of a house I was working on. I put a Grado cart on it after I cleaned the speed adjust pots.:music:

Hey fellow audio enthusiast, this is my first post. I have a Final Audio Research turntable. It weighs in at 110 pounds. It is made in Japan and there were very few imported to the USA. It has a 1.25" X 16" X 25" solid aluminum plinth with a 3.5" thick solid aluminum platter. Sitting atop the the alu platter is a chrome plated brass platter about 1/4" thick with a solid brass weight to hold down the vinyl. Does anyone have any knowledge of this brand or this turntable? Thanks, Reed

Final IMG .JPG

Last edited:
Final Audio Research Turntable

This is my only turntable, Final Audio Research. Anyone have any knowledge of this brand? Thanks, Reed

Attachments

• Final IMG .jpg
    Final IMG .jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 388
Hi Reed - welcome to AK. Very impressive TT/TA. Are those additional TA mounting holes on the drive unit? Let's blow that sucker up for you................

attachment.php

Hello,Here is my new addition of TT which is Exclusive P3.It was released by Pioneer in the 1978. It's the DD drive with the floating sus construction.
It's a real fantastic vintage piece! :beer:

Oldsui70:music:
--------------------------------------------------------
Main TT : Exclusive P3 / Sub TT : Technics SL-110

Attachments

• P3-1.jpg
    P3-1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 112
  • P3-2.jpg
    P3-2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 110
Hello,Here is my new addition of TT which is Exclusive P3.It was released by Pioneer in the 1978. It's the DD drive with the floating sus construction.
It's a real fantastic vintage piece! :beer:

Oldsui70:music:
--------------------------------------------------------
Main TT : Exclusive P3 / Sub TT : Technics SL-110

Way to go! :banana:

Woohoo.

Scott PS 87a

I have a Scott 87a that I purchased in 1979. Right now I have a Shure 97xe cartridge and a Ortofon 2m red. This has been a great turntable just a few cartridge changed and some light servicing. Don't hear to much about the Scott brand in other forums, does any members own A Scott?

A newbie's first TT's

Just got into vinyl last August. Started researching vintage TT's and then started looking for bargains.

Here's what I've acquired (and kept) since August:

...Denon DP-47F (with Denon DL-110)

...Realistic LAB-500 (just upgraded to the Jico SAS replacement for Shure N-95HE stylus, on OEM headshell)

...Pioneer PL-707 (with AT440MLa)

Just having fun learning and figuring out what set-up I like best on a modest budget for the home office/man cave. The learning curve is still long and steep for this non-techie newbie.

Technics SP-10 MK2
Sony PS-X50
Sony PS-X60
Mitsubishi LT-22
Sanyo Plus Q50
Empire 598

Direct drives rule!

Alright.......... another LT-22 owner. Most that are fortunate to own a Mitsubishi linear tracking TT have either an LT-30 or LT-20. I have a pair of them and they are excellent. Have an LT-30 that needs a going through due to cold solder joints or something similar.

Mitsubishi LT-22 (2X)
Mitsubishi LT-30
Thorens 145
Oracle Alexandra
Micro Seiki DDX-1000

I'm really enjoying all the nice TT pics posted here!

I was fortunate enough to get a good deal on a nice Thorens TD166MKII.
I also recently picked up a classic Technics SL-6 Linear Tracker.

Attachments

• DSC_0210.jpg
    DSC_0210.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_1337.jpg
    DSC_1337.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 105
My chepo playa

I have a little vintage Emerson 101C. That is my main player and aside from the speaker sounding nasty at high and loud frequencys it works great.:music: Only had to break the original cartridge in a attempt to find something in the line of model to get needles. I also have a vintage Meissner 9-1065 that I got this christmas and love it. All there including original:banana: mic and about 3 dozen needles! I did a recap on it but something must have killed the radio. Well I enjoy it even if too lazy to fix the radio piece. I bet some are going to freak reading of my main player!

Last edited:
Pioneer PL-518 (I'm setting it up for a small "quad" system now.) Stanton 681EEE w/new Jico Shibata stylus
Pioneer PL-560 (with a very old Empire that needs replacing.)
Pioneer PL-570 Sumiko BP#2
Pioneer PL-630 Denon DL-110
Pioneer PL-1000 AT-150MLX
(With a bunch of other carts with new aftermarket styluses to switch around.....ranging from Grados to Shure V15's)
VPI HW-19Mk.IV/SAMA/SDS/SumikoMMT/Blackbird (w/more isolation tweaks then I care to recount. But it's about three feet away from a huge subwoofer-one of four in the room-and doesn't feedback. Ever.)

I have:

Clearaudio Ovation w/Soundsmith Voice
Yamaha PF-1000 w/Dynavector 10x5

I've had the Yamaha since new in the mid-80s. It's a great TT.

Attachments

• PF-1000-2.jpg
    PF-1000-2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom