HarmanKardon Citation 23

AU-919

AK Member
Picked up one of these and the backlight bulb appears to have burned out. Also, it looks like it had been replaced before. Can anyone tell me what the proper backlight bulb for the LCD display should be?
Thank you so much.

A Newb:D

From what I can see in the service manual, it appears that the backlight is an integral part of the LCD display. There is no separate light in either the schematic or the parts list. Perhaps the previous "replacement" was a makeshift arrangement that could be repeated.

Thank you for looking at the schematic for me.
There is a light diffuser box mounted behind the LCD where a bulb can be mounted inside of a silicon grommet. That is where a retrofit bulb was mounted but had burned out. It was not a perfect fit and was spliced in with electrical tape.
I found a 12V 60mA bulb at the shack that works for the time being although a little dim. I can see the display functions now and all is working great. As I understand it, these displays were dark to begin with so maybe I'm in the ballpark already.
Still would like to know what the original spec for the light is.

Thanks again.

There is a separate bulb which is labeled LP1 Lamp in the service manual. I'm in the same situation and wonder if I can fit an led in there because of a heat issue w/ the burnt bulb. I don't want it to get worse. Mine is all original (bulb wise).
10440709_10202523107151590_6547856815681284847_n.jpg

Anyone have experience with the 23?

I'd do an LED replacement using a section or two of LED strip lighting. It would eliminate any heat issues and provide a more evenly spread light.

Back
Top Bottom