MC302 Soft-Start

denniswilson

Does anyone know if the MC302 has "Soft-Start" In-rush Protection? It was a advertised feature in some other Mac amps like the MC352.

The feature was advertised on my MC352 owners manual and brochure, but not on my MC302 manual or brochure. I kinda liked the idea of soft in-rush as opposed to power surge all at once at turn on. I think it helps in equipment longevity.

The feature was advertised on my MC352 owners manual and brochure, but not on my MC302 manual or brochure. I kinda liked the idea of soft in-rush as opposed to power surge all at once at turn on. I think it helps in equipment longevity.

Equipment longevity?

I don't think you should be worrying about equipment longevity when it comes to McIntosh amps.....
They are built to last, and often last way longer than their owners....:thmbsp:

Equipment longevity?

I don't think you should be worrying about equipment longevity when it comes to McIntosh amps.....

Ha...True :D But I'm nerdy about this stuff. :nerd:

Equipment longevity?

+1

One less thing to malfunction (not that it will).

Check the Block Diagram of the Power Supply on page 17 of the Owner's Manual: "Inrush Current Limiter".

Probably in direct relation to the average level of knowledge of the typical Mc customer of today . . . in the 70s, stuff like that MEANT something to the reader.

Now go and try to explain what a parametric equalizer does to the next person you bump into in a best buy, employee or consumer your choice . . . hah!

It's really a shame that the vocabulary of our hobby is less and less understood . . .

How a product is described plays many ways; what does it do, technical performance specs for the audio hobbyist, or why I need it for the luxury buyer?
With only two sides to a brochure there is only so much room. Every McIntosh amp has inrush current limiters as this adds reliability.

thanks,
Ron-C

How a product is described plays many ways; what does it do, technical performance specs for the audio hobbyist, or why I need it for the luxury buyer?
With only two sides to a brochure there is only so much room. Every McIntosh amp has inrush current limiters as this adds reliability.

thanks,
Ron-C

Thanks very much Ron :D

Back
Top Bottom