New to me tube tester

Well I learn something new every day. Heard of Nuvistors but didn't know they were the same thing. Thanks.

Well I learn something new every day. Heard of Nuvistors but didn't know they were the same thing. Thanks.

I learn every time I go on AK (3-4 times a day), I am such a nube, especially when I comes to tubes. I am thankful for the world of info on here.

That's a really good tester.
Thanks. The box is scratched up and dinged, but the inside is perfect. For $50, I am happy.
I have been having a blast with it. I buy tubes all the time at rummages and estate sales, but I never knew if they were any good or not. I've been going thru them tube by tube, and I am at about 70% good so far. Even if they were 70% bad, I am learning, and that is worth every minute I spend here, or figuring things out at home.
Again, thanks for all the replies and lessons! :thmbsp:

On that 2nd link I gave you it has a pdf for calibration instructions I think.

Nothing more fun then a tube tester. I have a Sencore MU150 and a couple thousand tubes.. Mostly unchecked... But at least I have a lifetime of tubes. The will probably get trashed when I go...... :(

Ahhhh found it. I didn't see it at first because I didn't look at the 612 stuff, but it turns out it is the same procedure. Now, if they would put it in idiot terms so I can figure it out.... :D

Back
Top Bottom