Yet another streaming system - AK gear!

hjames

We are all just walking each other home.
Staff member
Super Mod
Subscriber
I got a pair of rebuilt M& Satellites (2 ways) from dc270 a couple years back -
they sounded nice but I had no where to use them - I was thinking about putting them up for sale.
But my wife suggested I set up a bedroom system instead.
So last saturday I did a quick hookup with a 20watt Lepai chip amp I won in an AK auction last year -
plugged in my iPhone as a source, played some lossless files and we decided it sounded good -
but the bright blue LED on the volume knob was not as friendly as I'd want, and it was quite more raw looking that I wanted.

After church Sunday we went to the fall audiofest at ehooves place - and rogerfederer was giving away a nice looking Sony receiver with a dead display.
No one else seemed interested, so I brought it home and put it in place. It was a very nice improvement in looks and in sound.
We talked some more about what she wanted to do with it, and yesterday I went by the apple store and bought an Airport express.
I hooked the Airport to a currently unused Fiio DAC via optical cable and into a Tape input.
This lets me (or her) stream anything from my MacPro, my iphone, or from her iPad to the system!

And that does it - final vote - nicely batted out of the park, with a huge thanks to the folks at AK! Good music!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BedroomAudio_8884.jpg
    BedroomAudio_8884.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 370
  • RSide-Audio_8885.jpg
    RSide-Audio_8885.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
I don't know about you but being an inveterate insomniac I love bedroom audio systems. With a node and a wink to Twelfth Night, 'if music be the food of dreams, play on!' Dream On Dude!

Is that a real rotary phone? I wish I still had mine. Thanks for sharing.

Michael

Very nice, I have always been a fan of M&K speakers. They used to adorn the old Tower Records stores, at least in Northern California. Always great sounding tunes to make the music shopping experience more, well, musical.:music: Damn I miss Tower Records!:tears:

Spare rooms have a habit of turning into craft or hobby rooms real fast -- especially with a nice sound system in them.

Nice job,

Rob

Back
Top Bottom