Sonos System

JoeCosta

Anyone has experience with the sonos system? I used to work in a big store that sold alot of audio for houses and stores and alot of people would buy Sonos for their houses.

After I've read about the system I'm kinda of interested in something like that for my room and living room but honestly I'm not sure about dishing out so much money for something that might not be worth it.

I'm thinking about buying the wireless hifi player (http://www.clickplus.pt/p58433) and the sonos dock (http://www.clickplus.pt/p58428)

I would love to hear some opinions on this :)

Best regards
Joe

Hi, Joe - Welcome to AK. I think the Sonos system is great, and have used it for years now. Its strengths include sound quality and an excellent interface that you can control from Apple, Windows, or Android devices. If you do a little searching, you'll find multiple threads here about experience with Sonos.

Hi, Joe - Welcome to AK. I think the Sonos system is great, and have used it for years now. Its strengths include sound quality and an excellent interface that you can control from Apple, Windows, or Android devices. If you do a little searching, you'll find multiple threads here about experience with Sonos.

Thank you for your input, so you can use it on android, not only iPhone. That's nice to know!

I should have made a better research on the forum then.. Sorry! :x

Will look into that! :)

Thanks again

They are not inexpensive, but the Sonos Connect units I use are far and away my favorite gear purchase of the last couple of years. Very flexible, you can listen to different sources in different areas on the same Sonos network.

Stream off the internet, stream files on your network, it has a line-in if you want to connect a conventional source to the system and stream that throughout the Sonos net. Has its own wireless network, you can control the whole thing off an Android device or computer or both. Individual volume controls for each device, or control them all at once.

Best of all, they just work. I've never had to reboot or refresh or try to find any Sonos device, just pull up the app and away you go. But without a computer or Android/iDevice, you'd be in a bind - there is no onboard controller (that I know of, every time I think I've hit a wall with a Sonos function, chicks comes up with the answer I never knew existed).

They don't do hi-resolution files, and there's a 10K file per folder limit for files on the network, but these limitations don't bother me. It's a compromise I can live with to have a truly plug and play option.

Don't take my enthusiasm as a recommendation, the last thing you want to do is go out and buy something because some idiot on the internet said it was a great thing. Think of it more as an anonymous opinion that might help you in your research.

Love mine too. I would not get the dock, only works with out of date equipment and not needed. The wireless hifi player(Connect Amp) is a nice amp and like mentioned has a line in which I use with a phono preamp and a turntable to play music throughout the house. I love mine.
BEER

I would echo all that Jeffery offered. They work extremely well with some limitations which are easily lived with. Add a Wyred 4 Sound Remedy reclocker to the ZP90 and you have a better than CD quality source. Big fan here. I have a Sonos play 3 and 5, a Connect amp for my outdoor speakers and the ZP90 in my dedicated 2 channel room. If it did high res, there would be little need for any server based system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the money I believe it's best audio purchase I've made. I have it running through my denon DVD5000 ($2500 unit 10 years ago) using it's superior burr brown dac. I then have that running into my Rotel RSP 1068 preamp. Amp is adcom GFA555 mk2 highly modified. Playing into Magnepan MMG speakers. So easy controlling volume and music through my phone. Highly highly recommend to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom