New to me Rogue Audio Metis preamp question

Kyndcookie

Solid Stater
Hi all,

I recently bought myself a pre-owned Rogue Metis preamp. It's really lovely but it has a problem in that I'm only getting signal out of one channel. This preamp has both variable and fixed outputs. The problem channel is the right variable output. The problem remains no matter what input I've selected. I have swapped out the cable and switched the tubes with no improvement.

In addition, I can hear signal being passed to my amps even when the preamp is powered off. Strangely the volume control does raise the signal level (on the one channel that works) even when powered off. Is this normal?

Aside from these two issues the new rig sounds wonderful after warming up a while. I used the right, fixed output and adjusted the volume with my amp's input gain control. After matching the volume on both sides I listened for about 3 solid hours and was transfixed by the great difference between this setup and my previous vintage receiver (Pioneer SX-3800).

Call Mark at Rogue Audio 570-992-9901. The staff took time for me when I had questions about some of their gear that I bought used...

Try swapping the 6SN7 tubes, before doing anything else. Mark will want to know the result of that, in any case, even if it doesn't change anything.

If it DOES change things (i.e, the other channel works and the former good one is now out), then you most likely just have a bad tube...

Regards,
Gordon.

I spoke with Nick today. I've decided to do a Magnum upgrade and Rogue can fix the output problem at the same time. Thanks for the help, guys.

That should be the hot ticket. :thmbsp:

Once this is done, try some Sylvania 6SN7s in it, sometime. I liked what that sounded like- a LOT- when I heard it last, that way.

Regards
Gordon.

Back
Top Bottom