Rotels 15XX vs 15XX mkII Series Question

day67

Would anyone know what the "improvements" are either in the design/components or sound quality between the RB 1552 power amp and the 1552 mkII ?

For that matter, what did the mkII update/upgrade signify in any of their other mk II amps?

Just wondering if "newer is better" here when we're talking maybe a 2009 to 2014 difference.

Thanks - any advice/experience appreciated.:scratch2::scratch2:

Thanks for the links. I think the whathifi link is at least a little more informative r/to the question.

Anyone know what a "slit foil capacitor" is? Rotel seems to use this in explaining the "replenishment" function for reserve "energy needed in extremely dynamic audio passages" as it says.:scratch2:

Thanks for the links. I think the whathifi link is at least a little more informative r/to the question.

No prob. Sorry I don't have any 1st hand experience with either series; however looking at the new models I might just have to change that!

Great avatars! Creeps me out....... Hey, thanks for the slit foil link too. I didn't even think to google it or look anywhere figuring it was some
"propriatary" (sp) process unique to Rotel.

Interesting, and a new wrinkle on my brain. I wonder if there's a down side to this type cap.....Don't really want to know though.

I'll be using the 1552 mkII with a Parasound P5 Preamp.. Will post the findings when the system has some run time on it.

Back
Top Bottom