Heresy's with ss amp

higher power Marantz, etc.

I run a 2285b with H1's. Sometimes the Mcintosh MA-5100. They seem to like either quite well.

I just finished a repair on a Pioneer SA-5200 so it is currently pushing the Heresy speakers. This is a very nice little integrated amp. It has a voice much bigger than its advertised 10 watt output.

I had a pair of Heresy's that I paired with a restored Marantz 2250 receiver. It was a pretty good combination overall. I would recommend modest power with a warmer sound. The top end and upper mid-range can get pretty hot with SS gear that is on the bright side. The lower power Marantz receivers, like a 2230 when properly restored, seem to work very well with smaller efficient speakers.

Yep, I'm running a 2230 and Hereseys right now.

I have run my Heresy 1's with many amps and receivers, I think they sound much better on tube equipment. I also love them running behind my Marantz solid state units like my 4270.

I am running my Heresy ll through my Kenwood 600 supreme . Very nice sound quality ! I would love to try a sub one day .

I run my Heresy III mostly through a Denon receiver. I've got a tube DAC running to the Denon which is awesome. They sound great.

I have also tried them with my McIntosh C15 preamp to my Quad 909 SS and they really sing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Pioneer SX-780. I have also used a Pioneer Elite VSX-D709 and might try my Marantz Sixteen.

Well, I made good on my threat today. Now I gotta find out what to do with a Pioneer SX-780 on which the channels cut out. What is the best and most ethical way to get rid of it?

I initially ran my newly acquired Heresy 1's with the nice Luxman amp/preamp that they arrived with (5C50 + 5M21) and the sound was excellent. Then I tried my Rogue Cronus and, finally, my Fisher 400. The 400 is staying.

I run my Heresy 1's with a Yamaha CR-450. The same setup that the original owner used. They probably both need a recap but they still sound great.

someday i will have to try the old heresy's i got in '02 i think. i believe they are from the 70's, they have the pie logo. really doesn't matter to me how old they are, i got them in a deal with some pie logo'd belle's. those belle's are nice. someday i might replace the crossover's but for now these old ears are happy.

Mine are run with a Pioneer Spec 2... Yes, it is overkill, but I am running CS-88s with it. (Yes, still overkill!) However, the sound is absolutely wonderful, couldn't be happier. I have heard that the Dynaco ST-70 would be a good pair for the Heresy's. By the way, mine are Heresy E's from 1977.

i just brought a pair of H1s home from the flea market today for 52 bucks. i tried the luxman 1040 for a bit and it sounded nice but right now im running them with a sansui 8080db and im liking what i hear.

out of curiosity i have hooked up a 10 wpc Pioneer SA-500 amp & TX-500 tuner to the Heresy 1s. The local jazz station is sounding very good though this combo. :)

PIONEER sx-880. Never gone to noon on the dial and it's crystal clear!

here here, same with me only sx850, I also have the 880 and the 50 is much bigger for some reason, have both 10's and both 12's and they are the same, don't know what the deal is with the 8's...Roost

Back
Top Bottom