Once again. Sauce time.

jimfet

Lunatic Member
My first 2 ltr batch of Hot sauce for this year. It will be ready, the first week in October. Should have my next batch aging in 2 weeks. It's a 4 pepper blend simmered for 3 hours in a secret concoction.

After my 2-2 ltr barrels I will have 2-5 ltr barrels to fix. They will be ready in Nov. & Jan. I had so many people wanting it last year it was called for before it came off.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 54
My first 2 ltr batch of Hot sauce for this year. It will be ready, the first week in October. Should have my next batch aging in 2 weeks. It's a 4 pepper blend simmered for 3 hours in a secret concoction.

After my 2-2 ltr barrels I will have 2-5 ltr barrels to fix. They will be ready in Nov. & Jan. I had so many people wanting it last year it was called for before it came off.

If I might suggest a label for this fine sauce:

A photo of a guy getting his butt sprayed with a fire extinguisher, accompanied by the motto: "Jimfet Sauce....it`ll smoke your crack !"

(Marketing is everything, nah`mean ? :D)

It is only so so hot. I call it Red Hot Rooster. It is made of Cheyennes, Rooster Spurs, Tabascos, and Habs. I only break even from selling it. I do like the smoke your crack saying. I should get 96 bottles this year.

Yep. I got another 5 liter barrel for this year. Seems the 9 liters I made last year was not enuf.

Any chance I could buy some off of you? I love trying new hot sauces and I've about exhausted every local possibility.

Any chance I could buy some off of you? I love trying new hot sauces and I've about exhausted every local possibility.

I'll try. But like I said, it will be Oct. before it comes off. I sell it here, 2 bottles for $5. With shipping, it will probably be around $10. But if you do a Google search on barrel aged hot sauce, you will see most of it goes for $8-10 a bottle plus shipping. I put it in 5 oz bottles.

Hey, I'm okay with waiting if you're okay selling me 2 bottles. :) :) :) That would be super awesome.

Will do.
Here is a pic from last year of me bottling up one of my 5 liter kegs.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 62
Well here is my last batch. It will be ready the first week in Jan. I do have another 5 liter barrel coming off the first week of Dec. Steven, I haven't forgot about you. Just the first 28 bottles are gone. I will set you two bottles aside when the next batch comes off. Just PM me your address. I did save 4 of those first 28 for me. I hope it last till Dec.

First foto, it's simmering for 3 hours. Next foto, it's getting strained. Last it's getting put into the keg to age. It will be strained again right before bottling.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Got your address on my cork board. Did you get my reply. I think I did something wrong. I'm using a new e-mail system that's messing with my head.

Great! Didn't get the reply. I'm still trying to figure out this new AK inbox thing too. I'll PM you my direct email address.

Anyone here tried Fermented hot sauce like Tabasco do? I tried it and it went bad. I need some tips and tricks.

Well, between the sea salt, vinegar, and being simmered for 3 hours, I've never seen any of mine go bad. But always keep any kind of sauce out of the sun light. The sun will make it change colors and give it a funky taste.

I think Tabasco does it all wrong anyway. They age the mash, then cut it with about 90% vinegar, that is not aged. I think the guy wanted to make it like liquor but did not know how. In liquor making, you make the mash, then make the liquor from the mash and age the product.
Plus have you seen the Tabasco mash. It's thick as mud. How does this age properly. Also he uses alot of salt from the salt mine on the island. That will keep it from going bad.

Last edited:
Anyone here tried Fermented hot sauce like Tabasco do? I tried it and it went bad. I need some tips and tricks.

I'm sure there are million ways of doing it, but I boil the brine without the vinegar and then add them together to peppers. Sometimes I drain the liquid out after a week and boil and dump it back in. Do this 2-3 times before going for the long fermentation. I use this technique for making all fermented sauces and also pickles.

IMG_0368.JPG IMG_0370.JPG

Just got my What's this here, sauce off. Here is a done 5 liter barrel. 2 quarts go to my brother. A pint to my mother and the rest for me and a few close friends. Any one want the recipe, I will be glad to post. But you will need to buy a 5 liter charred wooden barrel. Around $70. But it can be used 10 to 12 times. I do about 3 of these a year. It's a thicker richer Worcestershire sauce. Great on steaks, hamburgers, making marinades, cocktail sauces, etc.
Here is where I order my barrels. http://www.barrelsonline.com/showproduct.aspx?ID=18
If you can find them cheaper, let me know. This is the lowest I've found. Hot sauce and this is a hobby I love.

Last edited:
Well just sold the last of my 62 bottles last night. Except for the 2 bottles on my kitchen table. People thought they made great stocking stuffers. Will get another 48 bottles, in around 3 weeks. 14 of those will be mine to last me through the year. It's a fun and tasty hobby. 14 of the last 48 will be extra hot. I have 3 oz of 3 year old Hab vinegar added to the 2 liter barrel. I grow habs for my jerk sauce and put around 40 in a 2 liter jar of vinegar. Every year I take out the old habs that are left and put in fresh ones. After 3 years of doing this, the white vinegar looks like a brownish orange tea and is very hot. That's why I only used 3 ounces. Won't be long and I will be starting the seedlings for next years peppers. I did do an extra 2 liters this year, which will get me to 110 bottles. I forgot I ordered an extra case of bottles.

Jim your hot sauce is amazing and I have been putting it on eeeeverything. Thanks again. If you have a few bottles of the extra hot and can't find a home for them I would absolutely be interested.

:)

Back
Top Bottom