Custom Subwoofer cabinets

vapcochris4

Hey all,
I want to build custom, matching subs for my Klipsch Hersey's. I have two 15 in drivers that I want to use and I was going to do individual plate amplifiers for them. The cabinet is my concern. I would like to do a sealed cabinet and my thought was birch plywood. I want to do that because it has the "non-movable" qualities and it can also be finished like wood. (I want to stain them Ipswich to match the speakers.) Is this a good option? My other fear is dimensions. I have know idea on what dimensions to use. My goal is to have the cabinets be proportional to the Klipsch. I even have extra Klipsch grill cloth that I wanted to use for a perfect matching rig... Can anybody help steer me in the right direction. Any advice would be awesome as I am new to building cabinets.

Thanks!
Chris

I think step one would be to figure out what is the internal cabinet volume of what you had in mind for size. Then, try to ascertain if that volume is a decent match for the parameters of the woofers you have.

The approximate box volume should be easy, the driver parameters...maybe depends if they're fairly common or someone knows of them.

Back
Top Bottom